Portugal’s wine globalization waves, 1750-2015
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lopes, Teresa da Silva, 2005. "Competing with Multinationals: Strategies of the Portuguese Alcohol Industry," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 79(03), pages 559-585, September.
- Duguid, Paul, 2005. "Networks and Knowledge: The Beginning and End of the Port Commodity Chain, 1703–1860," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 79(03), pages 493-526, September.
- Anderson, Kym & Jensen, Hans G., 2016. "How Much Government Assistance Do European Wine Producers Receive?," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 289-305, August.
- Meloni, Giulia & Swinnen, Johan, 2014.
"The Rise and Fall of the World's Largest Wine Exporter—And Its Institutional Legacy,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 3-33, May.
- Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2013. "The Rise and Fall of the World’s Largest Wine Exporter (And Its Institutional Legacy)," LICOS Discussion Papers 32713, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Pinilla, Vicente & Ayuda, Maria-Isabel, 2002. "The political economy of the wine trade: Spanish exports and the international market, 1890 1935," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 51-85, April.
- Pinilla, Vicente & Serrano, Raúl, 2008.
"The Agricultural and Food Trade in the First Globalization: Spanish Table Wine Exports 1871 to 1935 – A Case Study,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 132-148, December.
- Pinilla, Vicente & Serranoz, Raul, 2008. "The agricultural and food trade in the first globalisation: Spanish table wine exports 1871 to 1935 – a case study," Working Papers 42657, American Association of Wine Economists.
- James Simpson, 2011. "Creating Wine: The Emergence of a World Industry, 1840-1914," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9479.
- Leonor Freire Costa & Jaime Reis, 2016. "The chronic food deficit of early modern Portugal: curse or myth?," Working Papers GHES - Office of Economic and Social History 2016/58, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, GHES - Social and Economic History Research Unit, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Lains, Pedro, 2016. "Agriculture and Economic Development on the European Frontier : Portugal, 1000-2000," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 23463, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Meloni, Giulia & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"The Political Economy of European Wine Regulations,"
Journal of Wine Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 244-284, December.
- Giulia Meloni & Jo Swinnen, 2012. "The Political Economy of European Wine Regulations," LICOS Discussion Papers 32012, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Grantham, George, 1999. "Contra Ricardo: On the macroeconomics of pre-industrial economies," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 199-232, August.
- Lains, Pedro, 2003. "New wine in old bottles: Output and productivity trends in Portuguese agriculture, 1850 1950," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 43-72, April.
- José Miguel Martínez-Carrión & Francisco José Medina-Albaladejo, 2010. "Change and development in the Spanish wine industry, 1950-2009," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1006, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
More about this item
KeywordsPortugal; Agriculture; Wine; Globalization; Domestic markets; Competitiveness;
- N53 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N54 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: 1913-
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-06-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2017-06-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hes:wpaper:0113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Sharp). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ehessea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.