Shadow Banking and the Limits of Central Bank Liquidity Support: How to Achieve a Better Balance between Global and Official Liquidity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Adrian & Brian Begalle & Adam Copeland & Antoine Martin, 2013.
"Repo and Securities Lending,"
NBER Chapters,in: Risk Topography: Systemic Risk and Macro Modeling, pages 131-148
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tobias Adrian & Brian Begalle & Adam Copeland & Antoine Martin, 2012. "Repo and Securities Lending," NBER Working Papers 18549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tobias Adrian & Brian Begalle & Adam Copeland & Antoine Martin, 2012. "Repo and securities lending," Staff Reports 529, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Claudio Borio & Bent Vale & Goetz von Peter, 2010.
"Resolving the financial crisis: are we heeding the lessons from the Nordics?,"
2010/17, Norges Bank.
- Claudio Borio & Bent Vale & Goeth von Peter, 2010. "Resolving the financial crisis: are we heeding the lessons from the Nordics?," BIS Working Papers 311, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:09002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Todd Keister & James J. McAndrews, 2009. "Why are banks holding so many excess reserves?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 15(Dec).
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012.
"Getting Up to Speed on the Financial Crisis: A One-Weekend-Reader's Guide,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 128-150.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012. "Getting up to Speed on the Financial Crisis: A One-Weekend-Reader's Guide," NBER Working Papers 17778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allan H. Meltzer, 2010. "Learning about Policy from Federal Reserve History," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, pages 279-309.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1992. "The Financial Instability Hypothesis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_74, Levy Economics Institute.
- Bezemer, D.J., 2009. "No one saw this coming. Understanding financial crisis through accounting models," Research Report 09002, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2009. "Federal Reserve programs to strengthen credit markets and the economy: testimony before the Committee on Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives, February 10, 2009," Web Site 44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2008. "Walter Bagehot, the discount window, and TAF," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Todd Keister & Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews, 2008. "Divorcing money from monetary policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 41-56.
- Stefano Ugolini, 2011. "What do we really know about the long-term evolution of central banking? Evidence from the past, insights for the present," Working Paper 2011/15, Norges Bank.
- Jack Meaning & Feng Zhu, 2011. "The impact of recent central bank asset purchase programmes," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Evren Caglar & Jagjit S. Chadha & Jack Meaning & James Warren & Alex Waters, 2011. "Non-Conventional Monetary Policies: QE and the DSGE literature," Studies in Economics 1110, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Meltzer, Allan H., 2011.
"Politics and the Fed,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, pages 39-48.
- Allan Meltzer, "undated". "Learning about Policy from Federal Reserve History," GSIA Working Papers 2010-E29, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grung Moe, Thorvald, 2015.
"Shadow banking: policy challenges for central banks,"
Journal of Financial Perspectives,
EY Global FS Institute, vol. 3(2), pages 31-42.
- Thorvald Grung-Moe, 2014. "Shadow Banking: Policy Challenges for Central Banks," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_802, Levy Economics Institute.
- Palan, R. & Nesvetailova, A., 2013. "The Governance of the Black Holes of the World Economy: Shadow Banking and Offshore Finance," CITYPERC Working Paper Series 2013-03, Department of International Politics, City University London.
- HansjÃ¶rg Herr, 2014.
"The European Central Bank and the US Federal Reserve as Lender of Last Resort,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, pages 59-78.
- Christophe Blot & Marion Cochard & Jérôme Creel & Bruno Ducoudre & Danielle Schweisguth & Xavier Timbeau, 2014. "Is There an Alternative Strategy for Reducing Public Debt by 2032?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6fiderh62j8, Sciences Po.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Regulation; Financial Stability; Monetary Policy; Central Bank Policy;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-04-17 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-04-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2012-04-17 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2012-04-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-04-17 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2012-04-17 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .