Repo and Securities Lending
We provide an overview of the data required to monitor repo and securities lending markets for the purposes of informing policymakers and researchers about firm-level and systemic risk. We start by explaining the functioning of these markets and argue that it is crucial to understand the institutional arrangements. Data collection is currently incomplete. A comprehensive collection would include, at a minimum, six characteristics of repo and securities lending trades at the firm level: principal amount, interest rate, collateral type, haircut, tenor, and counterparty.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published as Repo and Securities Lending , Tobias Adrian, Brian Begalle, Adam Copeland, Antoine Martin. in Risk Topography: Systemic Risk and Macro Modeling , Brunnermeier and Krishnamurthy. 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ashcraft, Adam & Garleanu, Nicolae Bogdan & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2010.
"Two Monetary Tools: Interest Rates and Haircuts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8000, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicolae B. Garleanu & Lasse Heje Pedersen & Adam B. Ashcraft, 2010. "Two Monetary Tools: Interest-Rates and Haircuts," 2010 Meeting Papers 1102, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Adam Ashcraft & Nicolae Gârleanu & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2010. "Two Monetary Tools: Interest Rates and Haircuts," NBER Working Papers 16337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tobias Adrian & Michael J. Fleming, 2005. "What financing data reveal about dealer leverage," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 11(Mar).
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009.
"Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2010. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Chapters, in: Market Institutions and Financial Market Risk National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012. "Securitized banking and the run on repo," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007.
"Market liquidity and funding liquidity,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
24478, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 12939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lasse Heje Pederson & Markus K Brunnermeier, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," FMG Discussion Papers dp580, Financial Markets Group.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2009.
"Prices and quantities in the monetary policy transmission mechanism,"
396, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2009. "Prices and Quantities in the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(4), pages 131-142, December.
- Krishnamurthy, Arvind & Nagel, Stefan & Orlov, Dmitry, 2012.
"Sizing Up Repo,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8795, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008.
"Liquidity and leverage,"
328, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kenneth D. Garbade & Jeffrey F. Ingber, 2005. "The Treasury auction process: objectives, structure, and recent acquisitions," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 11(Feb).
- Tobias Adrian & Christopher R. Burke & James J. McAndrews, 2009. "The Federal Reserve's Primary Dealer Credit Facility," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 15(Aug).
- Duffie, Darrell, 1996. " Special Repo Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 493-526, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.