Full Market Opening In The Postal Services Facing The Social And Territorial Cohesion Goal In France
The paper focuses on the impact of the Full Market Opening in postal services on the territorial cohesion. In the first section the paper recalls the specificities of the sector and the distance so far covered by deregulation. It underlines the reasons that raise worries. In the second section the paper analyses the territorial stake in France. Actual outlet network is notably extended and actively supports rural cohesion. It has been mostly preserved since WWII. A special law has introduced specific territorial obligations; however their funding is not entirely set.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 61, Avenue de la Forêt Noire, F-67085 Strasbourg Cedex|
Phone: (33) 3 90 41 41 30
Fax: (33) 3 90 41 40 50
Web page: http://ifs.unistra.fr/large
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cremer, Helmuth & Grimaud, André & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Marcy, Sarah & Roy, Bernard & Toledano, Joëlle, 2001. "Entry and Competition in the Postal Market: Foundations for the Construction of Entry Scenarios," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 107-121, March.
- Calzada, Joan, 2009. "Universal service obligations in the postal sector: The relationship between quality and coverage," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 10-20, February.
- Helmuth Cremer & Philippe De Donder & FranÃ§ois Boldron & Bernard Roy, 2008.
"Social Costs and Benefits of the Universal Service Obligation in the Postal Market,"
in: Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Boldron, François & Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Joram, Denis & Roy, Bernard, 2007. "Social costs and benefits of the universal service obligation in the postal market," IDEI Working Papers 456, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Crew, Michael A & Kleindorfer, Paul R, 1998. "Efficient Entry, Monopoly, and the Universal Service Obligation in Postal Service," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-125, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lar:wpaper:2007-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe J. Godlewski)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.