Should Publicly Funded Postal Services be Reduced? A Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Universal Service Obligation in Norway
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1998.
"Redistribution and the marginal cost of public funds,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 365-382, December.
- Sandmo, A., 1997. "Redistribution and the marginal Cost of Public Funds," Papers 8/97, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Agnar Sandmo, 1997. "Redistribution and the Marginal Cost of Public Funds," CESifo Working Paper Series 142, CESifo.
- Liam Delaney & Francis O’Toole, 2004.
"Irish Public Service Broadcasting - A Contingent Valuation Analysis,"
The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(3), pages 321-350.
- Liam Delaney & Francis O'Toole, 2004. "Irish public service broadcasting : a contingent valuation analysis," Open Access publications 10197/584, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Barrio, Melina & Loureiro, Maria L., 2010.
"The Impact of Protest Responses in Choice Experiments,"
Sustainable Development Papers
98050, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Melina Barrio & Maria Loureiro, 2010. "The Impact of Protest Responses in Choice Experiments," Working Papers 2010.133, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Cole, Matthew & Cooper, Philip & Georgiou, Stavros & Hadley, David & Poe, Gregory L., 2004. "On visible choice sets and scope sensitivity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 71-93, January.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Taylor, Laura O., 2006.
"Using meta-analysis for benefits transfer: Theory and practice,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 351-360, December.
- John C. Bergstrom & Laura O. Taylor, 2006. "Using Meta Analysis for Benefits Transfer: Theory and Practice," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2006-12, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, revised Jul 2007.
- John List & Craig Gallet, 2001. "What Experimental Protocol Influence Disparities Between Actual and Hypothetical Stated Values?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-254, November.
- Daniel Kahneman & Jack L. Knetsch & Richard H. Thaler, 1991. "Anomalies: The Endowment Effect, Loss Aversion, and Status Quo Bias," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 193-206, Winter.
- Kleven, Henrik Jacobsen & Kreiner, Claus Thustrup, 2006.
"The marginal cost of public funds: Hours of work versus labor force participation,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(10-11), pages 1955-1973, November.
- Kleven, Henrik & Kreiner, Claus Thustrup, 2006. "The Marginal Cost of Public Funds: Hours of Work versus Labor Force Participation," CEPR Discussion Papers 5594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robin Boadway, 2006. "Principles of Cost-Benefit Analysis," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 2(1), pages 1-44, January.
- H. Cremer & F. Gasmi & A. Grimaud & J. J. Laffont, 2001. "Universal Service: An economic perspective," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(1), pages 5-43, March.
- Kristin Bergum, 2008. "Calculating the Net Cost of the USO: A Practical Example from Norway," Chapters, in: Michael A. Crew & Paul R. Kleindofer & James I. Campbell Jr (ed.),Handbook of Worldwide Postal Reform, chapter 7, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Helmuth Cremer & Philippe De Donder & François Boldron & Bernard Roy, 2008.
"Social Costs and Benefits of the Universal Service Obligation in the Postal Market,"
Chapters, in: Michael A. Crew & Paul R. Kleindorfer (ed.),Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, chapter 2,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Boldron, François & Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Joram, Denis & Roy, Bernard, 2007. "Social costs and benefits of the universal service obligation in the postal market," IDEI Working Papers 456, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & Huppert, Daniel D., 1989. "OLS versus ML estimation of non-market resource values with payment card interval data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 230-246, November.
- Mariah D. Ehmke & Jayson L. Lusk & John A. List, 2008.
"Is Hypothetical Bias a Universal Phenomenon? A Multinational Investigation,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(3), pages 489-500.
- Mariah Ehmke & John List & Jayson Lusk, 2008. "Is hypothetical bias a universal phenomenon? A multinational investigation," Artefactual Field Experiments 00041, The Field Experiments Website.
- Rodriguez, Frank & Storer, David, 2000. "Alternative approaches to estimating the cost of the USO in posts," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 285-299, September.
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1991.
"Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept: How Much Can They Differ?,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 635-647, June.
- Hanemann, W., 1989. "Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Accept: How Much Can They Differ?," CUDARE Working Papers 198276, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Boldron François & Borsenberger Claire & Cremer Helmuth & De Donder Philippe & Joram Denis & Roy Bernard, 2011. "Environmental Cost and Universal Service Obligations in the Postal Sector," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, September.
- Calzada, Joan, 2009. "Universal service obligations in the postal sector: The relationship between quality and coverage," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 10-20, February.
- Crew, Michael A & Kleindorfer, Paul R, 1998. "Efficient Entry, Monopoly, and the Universal Service Obligation in Postal Service," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-125, September.
- Panzar, John C., 2000. "A methodology for measuring the costs of universal service obligations," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 211-220, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koski, Heli, 2013. "The Impact of the USO on the Profitability of Postal Service Provision in Finland," ETLA Working Papers 22, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:rneart:v:11:y:2012:i:2:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.