Social Costs and Benefits of the Universal Service Obligation in the Postal Market
In: Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Boldron, François & Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Joram, Denis & Roy, Bernard, 2007. "Social costs and benefits of the universal service obligation in the postal market," IDEI Working Papers 456, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
References listed on IDEAS
- H. Cremer & F. Gasmi & A. Grimaud & J. J. Laffont, 2001. "Universal Service: An economic perspective," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(1), pages 5-43, March.
- Bruno Jullien, 2005. "Two-sided Markets and Electronic Intermediaries," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(2-3), pages 233-260.
- Tobin, James, 1970. "On Limiting the Domain of Inequality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 263-277, October.
- Crew, Michael A & Kleindorfer, Paul R, 1998. "Efficient Entry, Monopoly, and the Universal Service Obligation in Postal Service," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-125, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner & Jeffrey Yusof, 2014.
"Assessment of EU Postal Sector Policy during the Second Barroso Administration (2010-2014),"
0050, Swiss Economics.
- Jeffrey Yusof, 2014. "Assessment of EU Postal Sector Policy during the Second Barroso Administration (2010-2014)," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0414, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner & Jeffrey Yusof, 2014. "Assessment of EU Postal Sector Policy during the Second Barroso Administration (2010-2014)," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/117, European University Institute.
- Damien Broussolle, 2008. "Postal services deregulation in the EU, market, social and territorial cohesion issues," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 473-490, June.
- Jaag Christian, 2011.
"Entry Deterrence and the Calculation of the Net Cost of Universal Service Obligations,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Christian Jaag, 2010. "Entry Deterrence and the Calculation of the Net Cost of Universal Service Obligations," Working Papers 0020, Swiss Economics.
- Lindhjem Henrik & Pedersen Simen, 2012. "Should Publicly Funded Postal Services be Reduced? A Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Universal Service Obligation in Norway," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-33, June.
- Boldron François & Borsenberger Claire & Cremer Helmuth & De Donder Philippe & Joram Denis & Roy Bernard, 2011. "Environmental Cost and Universal Service Obligations in the Postal Sector," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-18, September.
- Vincenzo Visco Comandini, 2007. "Servizi postali," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(4), pages 257-314, July-Augu.
- Gautier Axel & Poudou Jean-Christophe, 2014.
"Reforming the Postal Universal Service,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(4), pages 453-477, December.
- GAUTIER, Axel & POUDOU, Jean-Christophe, 2013. "Reforming the postal universal service," CORE Discussion Papers 2013024, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Axel Gautier & Jean-Christophe Poudou, 2014. "Reforming the Postal Universal Service," Post-Print hal-01810749, HAL.
- Axel GAUTIER & Jean-Christophe POUDOU, 2015. "Reforming the Postal Universal Service," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2765, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jaag, Christian, 2014.
"Postal-sector policy: From monopoly to regulated competition and beyond,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 266-277.
- Christian Jaag, 2014. "Postal-Sector Policy: From Monopoly to Regulated Competition and Beyond," Working Papers 0045, Swiss Economics.
- Christian Jaag, 2013. "Intellectual Property Rights and the Future of Universal Service Obligations in Communications," Working Papers 0040, Swiss Economics.
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2011. "The future of the USO - Economic rationale for universal services and implications for a future-oriented USO," Working Papers 0026, Swiss Economics.
- Damien Broussolle, 2007. "Full Market Opening In The Postal Services Facing The Social And Territorial Cohesion Goal In France," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2007-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Poudou, Jean-Christophe & Roland, Michel, 2017.
"Equity justifications for universal service obligations,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 63-95.
- Jean-Christophe Poudou & Michel Roland, 2017. "Equity justifications for universal service obligations," Post-Print hal-01810301, HAL.
- Calzada, Joan, 2009. "Universal service obligations in the postal sector: The relationship between quality and coverage," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 10-20, February.
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2012. "Defining and financing an intermodal USO," Working Papers 0035, Swiss Economics.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:12875_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.