The information content of capacity utilisation rates for output gap estimates
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Graff & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2010. "The Information Content of Capacity Utilisation Rates for Output Gap Estimates," CESifo Working Paper Series 3276, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon van Norden, 2002. "Filtering for Current Analysis," Staff Working Papers 02-28, Bank of Canada.
- Nicolas Cuche-Curti & Pamela Hall & Attilio Zanetti, 2009. "Swiss GDP revisions: A monetary policy perspective," OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2008(2), pages 183-213.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & McDermott, C John & Prasad, Eswar S, 2000.
"Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Developing Countries: Some Stylized Facts,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 251-285, May.
- C. John McDermott & Eswar S Prasad & Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1999. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Developing Countries; Some Stylized Facts," IMF Working Papers 99/35, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Bertola & John Driffill & Harold James & Hans-Werner Sinn & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Ákos Valentinyi, 2014. "Chapter 3: Austerity: Hurting but Helping," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 75-90, February.
- Dan Armeanu & Georgiana Camelia Crețan & Leonard Lache & Mihaela Mitroi, 2015. "Estimating Potential GDP for the Romanian Economy and Assessing the Sustainability of Economic Growth: A Multivariate Filter Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-21, March.
- Michael Graff, 2012. "Internationale Konjunkturverbunde und die Schweiz," KOF Analysen, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich, vol. 6(2), pages 57-71, June.
- Daragh Clancy, 2013. "Output Gap Estimation Uncertainty: Extracting the TFP Cycle Using an Aggregated PMI Series," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(1), pages 1-18.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Scheufele, Rolf, 2017.
"Business tendency surveys and macroeconomic fluctuations,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 878-893.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Rolf Scheufele, 2015. "Business tendency surveys and macroeconomic fluctuations," KOF Working papers 15-378, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Heiner Mikosch, 2012. "Sticky Prices, Competition and the Phillips Curve," KOF Working papers 11-294, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- repec:kap:empiri:v:45:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10663-016-9346-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Judzik, Dario & Sala, Hector, 2015.
"The determinants of capital intensity in Japan and the US,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 78-98.
- Dario Simon Judzik & Hector Sala Lorda, 2014. "The determinants of capital intensity in Japan and the U.S," Working Papers wpdea1404, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- repec:spr:jbuscr:v:12:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s41549-016-0004-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaqueson K. Galimberti & Marcelo L. Moura, 2011.
"Improving the reliability of real-time Hodrick-Prescott filtering using survey forecasts,"
Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series
159, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Jaqueson K. Galimberti & Marcelo L. Moura, 2014. "Improving the reliability of real-time Hodrick-Prescott Filtering using survey forecasts," KOF Working papers 14-360, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Heiner Mikosch, 2012. "Sticky Prices, Competition and the Phillips Curve," KOF Working papers 12-294, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
KeywordsOutput gap; Capacity utilisation; Real-time analysis; Survey data;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kof:wpskof:10-269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/koethch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.