Consumer-benefiting transport cost: The role of product innovation in a vertical structure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kazuhiro Takauchi & Tomomichi Mizuno, 2019. "Consumer-benefiting transport cost: The role of product innovation in a vertical structure," Discussion Papers 1911, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James & Krugman, Paul, 1983.
"A 'reciprocal dumping' model of international trade,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 313-321, November.
- Brander, James & Krugman, Paul, 1980. "A "Reciprocal Dumping" Model of International Trade," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 275170, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- James A. Brander & Paul Krugman, 1983. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1982. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," Working Paper 513, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1980. "A "Reciprocal Dumping" Model of International Trade," Working Paper 405, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988.
"Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1133-1137, December.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, 1988. "Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 823, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Haaland, Jan I. & Kind, Hans Jarle, 2008. "R&D policies, trade and process innovation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 170-187, January.
- Roberto Fontana & Marco Guerzoni, 2008.
"Incentives and uncertainty: an empirical analysis of the impact of demand on innovation,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(6), pages 927-946, November.
- Roberto Fontana & Marco Guerzoni, 2007. "Incentives and uncertainty: an empirical analysis of the impact of demand on innovation," SPRU Working Paper Series 163, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Pierre Dubois & Olivier de Mouzon & Fiona Scott-Morton & Paul Seabright, 2015.
"Market size and pharmaceutical innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(4), pages 844-871, October.
- Dubois, Pierre & de Mouzon, Olivier & Scott Morton, Fiona & Seabright, Paul, 2011. "Market Size and Pharmaceutical Innovation," IDEI Working Papers 670, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Mar 2014.
- de Mouzon, Oliver & Dubois, Pierre & Scott Morton, Fiona & Seabright, Paul, 2011. "Market Size and Pharmaceutical Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8367, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dubois, Pierre & de Mouzon, Olivier & Scott Morton, Fiona & Seabright, Paul, 2011. "Market Size and Pharmaceutical Innovation," TSE Working Papers 11-232, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Mar 2014.
- Raphael Thomadsen, 2007. "Product Positioning and Competition: The Role of Location in the Fast Food Industry," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 792-804, 11-12.
- Maiti, Dibyendu & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2013. "Trade cost reduction, subcontracting and unionised wage," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 103-110.
- Bettina Peters, 2009.
"Persistence of innovation: stylised facts and panel data evidence,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 226-243, April.
- Peters, Bettina, 2005. "Persistence of Innovation: Stylised Facts and Panel Data Evidence," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-81, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Bettina Peters, 2006. "Persistence of Innovation Stylised Facts and Panel Data Evidence," DRUID Working Papers 06-30, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Bettina Peters, 2005. "Persistence of Innovation: Stylised Facts and Panel Data Evidence," Development and Comp Systems 0511021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Hanna Hottenrott, 2011.
"R&D investment and financing constraints of small and medium-sized firms,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 65-83, January.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Binz, Hanna L., 2008. "R&D Investment and Financing Constraints of Small and Medium-Sized Firm," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-047, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie, 2003. "Simultaneous choice of process and product innovation when consumers have a preference for product variety," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 183-201, February.
- Alla Lileeva & Daniel Trefler, 2010. "Improved Access to Foreign Markets Raises Plant-level Productivity…For Some Plants," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(3), pages 1051-1099.
- Takauchi, Kazuhiro, 2015. "Endogenous transport price and international R&D rivalry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 36-43.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Harrington, Joseph E. , Jr. & Sappington, David E. M., 2018. "Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, fifth edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 0262038064, September.
- Paula Bustos, 2011.
"Trade Liberalization, Exports, and Technology Upgrading: Evidence on the Impact of MERCOSUR on Argentinian Firms,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(1), pages 304-340, February.
- Paula Bustos, 2009. "Trade liberalization, exports and technology upgrading: Evidence on the impact of MERCOSUR on Argentinean firms," Economics Working Papers 1173, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paula Bustos, 2009. "Trade Liberalization, Exports and Technology Upgrading: Evidence on the Impact of MERCOSUR on Argentinean Firms," 2009 Meeting Papers 1029, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Sougata Poddar & Bibhas Saha, 2010. "Product Innovation and Stability of Collusion," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1392-1400.
- Naylor, Robin, 1998. "International trade and economic integration when labour markets are generally unionised," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1251-1267, July.
- Klaus Desmet & Stephen L. Parente, 2010.
"Bigger Is Better: Market Size, Demand Elasticity, And Innovation,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(2), pages 319-333, May.
- Klaus Desmet & Stephen L. Parente, 2008. "Bigger is better: Market size, demand elasticity and innovation," Working Papers 2008-10, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Takauchi, Kazuhiro & Mizuno, Tomomichi, 2019.
"Solving a hold-up problem may harm all firms: Downstream R&D and transport-price contracts,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 29-49.
- Kazuhiro Takauchi & Tomomichi Mizuno, 2017. "Solving a hold-up problem may harm all firms: downstream R&D and transport-price contracts," Discussion Papers 1707, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Sebastian Braun, 2008. "Economic Integration, Process and Product Innovation, and Relative Skill Demand," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 864-873, November.
- Jiyun Cao & Arijit Mukherjee, 2017. "Market Power of the Input Supplier, Technology Transfer and Consumer Welfare," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 85(4), pages 430-449, July.
- Diego Aboal & Paula Garda, 2016. "Technological and non-technological innovation and productivity in services vis-à-vis manufacturing sectors," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 435-454, July.
- Grabowski, Henry G & Vernon, John M, 1992. "Brand Loyalty, Entry, and Price Competition in Pharmaceuticals after the 1984 Drug Act," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 331-350, October.
- Kabiraj, Tarun & Marjit, Sugata, 2003. "Protecting consumers through protection: The role of tariff-induced technology transfer," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 113-124, February.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2019. "Export cartel and consumer welfare," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1), pages 91-105, February.
- Lambertini, Luca & Rossini, Gianpaolo, 1998. "Product homogeneity as a prisoner's dilemma in a duopoly with R&D," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 297-301, March.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Mukherjee, Soma, 2013. "Technology licensing and innovation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 499-502.
- Sugata Marjit & Arijit Mukherjee, 2015. "Endogenous Market Structure, Trade Cost Reduction, and Welfare," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 171(3), pages 493-511, September.
- Tang, Jianmin, 2006. "Competition and innovation behaviour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 68-82, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takauchi, Kazuhiro & Mizuno, Tomomichi, 2020. "Endogenous transport price, R&D spillovers, and trade," MPRA Paper 102391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-TID-2020-10-26 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koe:wpaper:2017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kimiaki Shirahama) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Kimiaki Shirahama to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fekobjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.