Product homogeneity as a prisoner's dilemma in a duopoly with R&D
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1983. "Strategic Commitment with R&D: The Symmetric Case," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(1), pages 225-235, Spring.
- Harrington Jr. , Joseph E., 1995. "Experimentation and Learning in a Differentiated-Products Duopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 275-288, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:25-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gianni De Fraja & George Norman, 2004.
"Product Differentiation and the Location of International Production,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 151-170, March.
- Gianni De Fraja & George Norman, 1998. "Product Differentiation and the Location of International Production," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9814, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- R. Cellini & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Differential Games and Oligopoly Theory: An Overview," Working Papers 369, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Chang, Ming-Chung & Chiu, Yung-Ho, 2008. "The analysis of a price war strategy under market demand growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 868-875, September.
- Bernhofen, Daniel M. & Bernhofen, Laura T., 1999. "On the likelihood of a prisoners' dilemma in a differentiated duopoly," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 291-294, September.
- Luca Lambertini & Francesca Lotti & Enrico Santarelli, 2004. "Infra-industry spillovers and R&D cooperation: Theory and evidence," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 311-328.
- Reisinger, Markus & Ressner, Ludwig & Schmidtke, Richard & Thomes, Tim Paul, 2014. "Crowding-in of complementary contributions to public goods: Firm investment into open source software," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 78-94.
- L. Lambertini & F. Lotti & E. Santarelli, 2000. "Innovative Output, Infra-Industry Spilloves, and R&D Cooperation: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 371, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca Lambertini & Andrea Mantovani, 2010.
"Process and product innovation: A differential game approach to product life cycle,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(2), pages 227-252.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2004. "Process and Product Innovation: a Differential Game Approach to Product Life Cycle," Working Papers 529, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luciano Fanti & Luca Gori, 2017. "Product innovation and two-part tariff vertical contracts," Discussion Papers 2017/222, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Belleflamme, Paul, 2001. "Oligopolistic competition, IT use for product differentiation and the productivity paradox," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 227-248, January.
- Paul Belleflamme & Eric Toulemonde, 2003.
"Product differentiation in successive vertical oligopolies,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(3), pages 523-545, August.
- Paul Belleflamme & Eric Toulemonde, 2000. "Product Differentiation in Successive Vertical Oligopolies," Working Papers 421, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- BELLEFLAMME, Paul & TOULEMONDE, Eric, 2003. "Product differentiation in successive vertical oligopolies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1720, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cellini, Roberto & Lambertini, Luca, 2002. "A differential game approach to investment in product differentiation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 51-62, November.
- A. Mantovani, 2001. "Product Innovation and Transportation Technology in a Cournot Duopoly," Working Papers 416, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2013. "Patent protection under endogenous product differentiation," Discussion Paper Series 2013_06, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2013.
- Versaevel, Bruno & de Villemeur, Étienne, 2003. "Conflict and Cooperation on R&D Markets," IDEI Working Papers 191, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Sougata Poddar & Bibhas Saha, 2010. "Product Innovation and Stability of Collusion," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1392-1400.
- Karl Morasch & Martin Bandulet, 2011. "Sharing the Market or Getting Closer for a Fight? Strategic Reaction to Reduced Trade Costs," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 709-737, September.
- repec:wsi:igtrxx:v:06:y:2004:i:04:n:s0219198904000320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Cellini & Luca Lambertini, 2004.
"Private And Social Incentives Towards Investment In Product Differentiation,"
International Game Theory Review (IGTR),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(04), pages 493-508.
- R. Cellini & L. Lambertini, 2002. "Private and Social Incentives Towards Investment in Product Differentiation," Working Papers 431, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea, 2009.
"Process and product innovation by a multiproduct monopolist: A dynamic approach,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 508-518, July.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2005. "Process and Product Innovation by a Multiproduct Monopolist: A Dynamic Approach," Working Papers 551, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:58:y:1998:i:3:p:297-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.