Leading Indicators of Real Activity and Inflation for Turkey, 2001-2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wesley Clair Mitchell & Arthur F. Burns, 1938. "Statistical Indicators of Cyclical Revivals," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number mitc38-1, July.
- Clark, Todd E. & McCracken, Michael W., 2001.
"Tests of equal forecast accuracy and encompassing for nested models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 85-110, November.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 1999. "Tests of equal forecast accuracy and encompassing for nested models," Research Working Paper 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2000. "Tests of Equal Forecast Accuracy and Encompassing for Nested Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0319, Econometric Society.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael McCracken, 1999. "Tests of Equal Forecast Accuracy and Encompassing for Nested Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1241, Society for Computational Economics.
- Sumru Altug & Bilin Neyapti & Mustafa Emin, 2012.
"Institutions and Business Cycles,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 347-366, December.
- Sumru Altug & Mustafa Emin & Bilin Neyapti, 2011. "Institutions and Business Cycles," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1109, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Altug, Sumru G. & Emin, Mustafa & Neyapti, Bilin, 2012. "Institutions and Business Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 8728, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- de Carvalho Filho Irineu E, 2011.
"28 Months Later: How Inflation Targeters Outperformed Their Peers in the Great Recession,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-46, July.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2011. "28 Months Later: How Inflation Targeters Outperformed Their Peers in the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 29100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aslihan Atabek & Evren Erdogan Cosar & Saygin Sahinöz, 2005. "A New Composite Leading Indicator for Turkish Economic Activity," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 45-64, January.
- Altug, Sumru G. & Bildirici, Melike, 2010.
"Business Cycles around the Globe: A Regime-switching Approach,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7968, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sumru Altuğ & Melike Bildirici, 2010. "Business Cycles around the Globe: A Regime Switching Approach," Working Papers 0032, Yildiz Technical University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2010.
- Sumru Altug & Melike Bildirici, 2010. "Business Cycles around the Globe: A Regime Switching Approach," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1009, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Altinay, Galip & Karagol, Erdal, 2005. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: Evidence from Turkey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 849-856, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & George Saravelos, 2010. "Are Leading Indicators of Financial Crises Useful for Assessing Country Vulnerability? Evidence from the 2008-09 Global Crisis," NBER Working Papers 16047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliveira, Fernando Nascimento & Petrassi, Myrian Beatriz Silva, 2014. "Is Inflation Persistence Over?," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 68(3), September.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:21:y:2001:i:1:a:3191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Altug, Sumru & Ashley, Richard A. & Patterson, Douglas M., 1999. "Are Technology Shocks Nonlinear?," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(04), pages 506-533, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burcu Gurcihan Yunculer & Gonul Sengul & Arzu Yavuz, 2014.
"A Quest for Leading Indicators of the Turkish Unemployment Rate,"
Central Bank Review,
Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 14(1), pages 23-45.
- H. Burcu Gurcihan & Gonul Sengul & Arzu Yavuz, 2013. "A Quest for Leading Indicators of the Turkish Unemployment Rate," Working Papers 1341, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
More about this item
KeywordsReal activity; inflation; leading indicators; out-of-sample forecasting; combination forecasts; inflation targeting; Turkey;
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-12-05 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CBA-2011-12-05 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2011-12-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FOR-2011-12-05 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2011-12-05 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-12-05 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koc:wpaper:1134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sumru Oz) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dekoctr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.