Culture, Intermarriage, and Immigrant Women's - Labor Supply
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francine Blau & Lawrence Kahn & Albert Liu & Kerry Papps, 2013.
"The transmission of women’s fertility, human capital, and work orientation across immigrant generations,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 405-435, April.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn & Albert Yung-Hsu Liu & Kerry L. Papps, 2008. "The Transmission of Women's Fertility, Human Capital and Work Orientation Across Immigrant Generations," NBER Working Papers 14388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blau, Francine D. & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Liu, Albert Yung-Hsu & Papps, Kerry L., 2008. "The Transmission of Women's Fertility, Human Capital and Work Orientation across Immigrant Generations," IZA Discussion Papers 3732, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alberto Alesina & Paola Giuliano, 2010. "The power of the family," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 93-125, June.
- Paola Giuliano, 2007.
"Living Arrangements in Western Europe: Does Cultural Origin Matter?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 5(5), pages 927-952, September.
- Paola Giuliano, 2005. "Living Arrangements in Western Europe: Does Cultural Origin Matter?," 2005 Meeting Papers 189, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Giuliano, Paola, 2006. "Living Arrangements in Western Europe: Does Cultural Origin Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 2042, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Antecol, Heather, 2000. "An examination of cross-country differences in the gender gap in labor force participation rates," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 409-426, July.
- Francine D Blau & Lawrence M Kahn & Kerry L Papps, 2011. "Gender, Source Country Characteristics, and Labor Market Assimilation among Immigrants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 43-58, February.
- Raquel Fernández & Alessandra Fogli & Claudia Olivetti, 2004. "Mothers and Sons: Preference Formation and Female Labor Force Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(4), pages 1249-1299.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:izamig:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40176-017-0093-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vincenzo Scoppa & Manuela Stranges, 2014.
"Cultural Values And Decision To Work Of Immigrant Women In Italy,"
201413, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Scoppa, Vincenzo & Stranges, Manuela, 2014. "Cultural Values and Decision to Work of Immigrant Women in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 8522, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kamila Cygan-Rehm, 2014. "Immigrant Fertility in Germany: The Role of Culture," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 707, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Holger STICHNOTH & Mustafa YETER, 2016.
"Cultural Influences on the Fertility Behavior of First- and Second-Generation Immigrants,"
JODE - Journal of Demographic Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 281-314, September.
- Holger STICHNOTH & Mustafa YETER, "undated". "Codes and data files for “Cultural Influences on the Fertility Behavior of First- and Second-Generation Immigrants”," JODE - Journal of Demographic Economics - Data and Codes 2016004, Cambridge University Press.
More about this item
Keywordsculture; immigrant women; intermarriage; labor supply; immigrant assimilation;
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2012-12-06 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-DEM-2012-12-06 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-12-06 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-12-06 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2012-12-06 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:knz:dpteco:1228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office Ursprung) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwkonde.html .