Privacy, Trust and Social Network Formation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gaudeul, Alexia & Giannetti, Caterina, 2015. "Privacy, trust and social network formation," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 269, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoffman Elizabeth & McCabe Kevin & Shachat Keith & Smith Vernon, 1994. "Preferences, Property Rights, and Anonymity in Bargaining Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 346-380, November.
- Falk Armin & Kosfeld Michael, 2012.
"It's all about Connections: Evidence on Network Formation,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(3), pages 1-36, September.
- Armin Falk, Michael Kosfeld, "undated". "It's all about Connections: Evidence on Network Formation," IEW - Working Papers 146, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Falk, Armin & Kosfeld, Michael, 2003. "It's All About Connections: Evidence on Network Formation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3970, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Falk, Armin & Kosfeld, Michael, 2003. "It's all about Connections: Evidence on Network Formation," IZA Discussion Papers 777, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ellison, Glenn, 1993. "Learning, Local Interaction, and Coordination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1047-1071, September.
- Russell W. Belk, 2013. "Extended Self in a Digital World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 477-500.
- Frank Heinemann & Rosemarie Nagel & Peter Ockenfels, 2009.
"Measuring Strategic Uncertainty in Coordination Games,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 76(1), pages 181-221.
- Heinemann, Frank & Nagel, Rosemarie & Ockenfels, Peter, 2004. "Measuring Strategic Uncertainty in Coordination Games," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 6, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Frank Heinemann & Rosemarie Nagel & Peter Ockenfels, 2004. "Measuring strategic uncertainty in coordination games," Economics Working Papers 804, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Frank Heinemann & Rosemarie Nagel & Peter Ockenfels, 2004. "Measuring Strategic Uncertainty in Coordination Games," CESifo Working Paper Series 1364, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Caldara & Michael McBride, 2014. "An Experimental Study of Network Formation with Limited Observation," Working Papers 141501, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Privacy Regulation and Online Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Watts, Alison, 2002.
"On the formation of interaction networks in social coordination games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 265-291, November.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Alison Watts, 2000. "On the Formation of Interaction Networks in Social Coordination Games," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0778, Econometric Society.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Wolinsky, Asher, 1996.
"A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 44-74, October.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1994. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1995. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Sanjeev Goyal & Stephanie Rosenkranz & Utz Weitzel & Vincent Buskens, 2014. "Individual Search and Social Networks," Working Papers 2014.49, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Greene, William, 2010.
"Testing hypotheses about interaction terms in nonlinear models,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 291-296, May.
- William H. Greene, 2009. "Testing Hypotheses About Interaction Terms in Nonlinear Models," Working Papers 09-08, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Bryan S. Graham, 2015. "Methods of Identification in Social Networks," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 465-485, August.
- Kandori, Michihiro & Mailath, George J & Rob, Rafael, 1993.
"Learning, Mutation, and Long Run Equilibria in Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 29-56, January.
- Kandori, M. & Mailath, G.J., 1991. "Learning, Mutation, And Long Run Equilibria In Games," Papers 71, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - John M. Olin Program.
- M. Kandori & G. Mailath & R. Rob, 1999. "Learning, Mutation and Long Run Equilibria in Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 500, David K. Levine.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 2000. "A Noncooperative Model of Network Formation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1181-1230, September.
- Charness, Gary & Gneezy, Uri, 2008.
"What's in a name? Anonymity and social distance in dictator and ultimatum games,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-35, October.
- Charness, Gary & Gneezy, Uri, 2000. "What’s in a Name? Anonymity and Social Distance in Dictator and Ultimatum Games," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt57q360q6, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Bohnet, Iris, 1997. "Identification in democratic society," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 25-38.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Curtis Taylor & Liad Wagman, 2016. "The Economics of Privacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(2), pages 442-492, June.
- Gachter, Simon & Herrmann, Benedikt & Thoni, Christian, 2004. "Trust, voluntary cooperation, and socio-economic background: survey and experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 505-531, December.
- Feri, Francesco & Giannetti, Caterina & Jentzsch, Nicola, 2016.
"Disclosure of personal information under risk of privacy shocks,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 138-148.
- F. Feri & C. Giannetti & N. Jentzsch, 2013. "Disclosure of Personal Information under Risk of Privacy Shocks," Working Papers wp875, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- George A. Akerlof, 1980.
"A Theory of Social Custom, of which Unemployment may be One Consequence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 749-775.
- George A. Akerlof, 1978. "A theory of social custom, of which unemployment may be one consequence," Special Studies Papers 118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rege, Mari & Telle, Kjetil, 2004. "The impact of social approval and framing on cooperation in public good situations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1625-1644, July.
- Mayer, Adalbert & Puller, Steven L., 2008. "The old boy (and girl) network: Social network formation on university campuses," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 329-347, February.
- Bohnet, Iris & Frey, Bruno S., 1999. "The sound of silence in prisoner's dilemma and dictator games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 43-57, January.
More about this item
Keywordsprivacy; social networks; public goods; trust;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2015-12-08 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EXP-2015-12-08 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2015-12-08 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-NET-2015-12-08 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2015-12-08 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2015-12-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2015-023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.