An Experimental Investigation into Queueing Behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leclerc, France & Schmitt, Bernd H & Dube, Laurette, 1995. "Waiting Time and Decision Making: Is Time like Money?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 110-119, June.
- Rapoport, Amnon & Stein, William E. & Parco, James E. & Seale, Darryl A., 2004. "Equilibrium play in single-server queues with endogenously determined arrival times," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 67-91, September.
- Anna Conte & John D. Hey, 2018.
"Assessing multiple prior models of behaviour under ambiguity,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Experiments in Economics Decision Making and Markets, chapter 7, pages 169-188,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Anna Conte & John Hey, 2013. "Assessing multiple prior models of behaviour under ambiguity," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 113-132, April.
- Ana Conte & John D. Hey, 2011. "Assessing Multiple Prior Models of Behaviour under Ambiguity," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-068, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Anna Conte & John D. Hey, 2012. "Assessing Multiple Prior Models of Behaviour under Ambiguity," Discussion Papers 12/01, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, May.
- Darryl Seale & James Parco & William Stein & Amnon Rapoport, 2005. "Joining a Queue or Staying Out: Effects of Information Structure and Service Time on Arrival and Staying Out Decisions," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 8(2), pages 117-144, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Conte, Anna & Scarsini, Marco & Sürücü, Oktay, 2015. "Does time pressure impair performance? An experiment on queueing behavior," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 538, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Stein, William E. & Rapoport, Amnon & Seale, Darryl A. & Zhang, Hongtao & Zwick, Rami, 2007.
"Batch queues with choice of arrivals: Equilibrium analysis and experimental study,"
Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 345-363, May.
- William E. Stein & Amnon Rapoport & Darryl A. Seale & Hongtao Zhang & Rami Zwick, 2004. "Batch Queues with Choice of Arrivals: Equilibrium Analysis and Experimental Study," Experimental 0411001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Breinbjerg, Jesper, 2017. "Equilibrium arrival times to queues with general service times and non-linear utility functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 261(2), pages 595-605.
- Otsubo, Hironori & Rapoport, Amnon, 2008. "Vickrey's model of traffic congestion discretized," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 873-889, December.
- Delgado-Alvarez, Carlos A. & van Ackere, Ann & Larsen, Erik R & Arango-Aramburo, Santiago, 2017. "Managing capacity at a service facility: An experimental approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(1), pages 216-228.
- Stefania Bortolotti & Ivan Soraperra & Matthias Sutter & Claudia Zoller, 2017.
"Too Lucky to be True - Fairness Views under the Shadow of Cheating,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Soraperra, Ivan & Sutter, Matthias & Zoller, Claudia, 2017. "Too Lucky to Be True: Fairness Views under the Shadow of Cheating," IZA Discussion Papers 10877, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rapoport, Amnon & Stein, William E. & Mak, Vincent & Zwick, Rami & Seale, Darryl A., 2010. "Endogenous arrivals in batch queues with constant or variable capacity," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1166-1185, December.
- Sakuma, Yutaka & Masuyama, Hiroyuki & Fukuda, Emiko, 2020. "A discrete-time single-server Poisson queueing game: Equilibria simulated by an agent-based model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 283(1), pages 253-264.
- Zhifeng Gao & Ted C. Schroeder, 2009.
"Consumer responses to new food quality information: are some consumers more sensitive than others?,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 339-346, May.
- Gao, Zhifeng & Schroeder, Ted C., 2008. "Consumer Responses to New Food Quality Information: Are Some Consumers More Sensitive than Others," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6168, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Cheng, Leilei & Yin, Changbin & Chien, Hsiaoping, 2015. "Demand for milk quantity and safety in urban China: evidence from Beijing and Harbin," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 59(2), April.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Dobrescu, Loretti I. & Motta, Alberto, 2020.
"Early life conditions and financial risk-taking in older age,"
The Journal of the Economics of Ageing, Elsevier, vol. 17(C).
- Dimitrios Christelis & Loreti I. Dobrescu & Alberto Motta, 2011. "Early Life Conditions and Financial Risk–Taking in Older Age," CSEF Working Papers 285, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Loretti Dobrescu & Dimitris Christelis & Alberto Motta, 2012. "Early Life Conditions and Financial Risk-taking in Older Age," Working Papers 201208, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Dobrescu, Loretti I. & Motta, Alberto, 2011. "Early life conditions and financial risk-taking in older age," CFS Working Paper Series 2011/28, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Ortega, David L. & Wang, H. Holly & Wu, Laping & Hong, Soo Jeong, 2015. "Retail channel and consumer demand for food quality in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 359-366.
- Doyle, Orla & Fidrmuc, Jan, 2006. "Who favors enlargement?: Determinants of support for EU membership in the candidate countries' referenda," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 520-543, June.
- Tovar, Jorge, 2012. "Consumers’ Welfare and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from the Car Industry in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 808-820.
- Pereira, Pedro & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2011.
"The impact on broadband access to the Internet of the dual ownership of telephone and cable networks,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 283-293, March.
- Pedro Pereira & Tiago Ribeiro, 2006. "The Impact on Broadband Access to the Internet of the Dual Ownership of Telephone and Cable Networks," Working Papers 06-10, NET Institute, revised Aug 2006.
- Pedro Pereira & Tiago Ribeiro, 2006. "The Impact on Broadband Access to the Internet of the Dual Ownership of Telephone and Cable Networks," Working Papers 17, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Simon P. Anderson & André de Palma, 2012.
"Competition for attention in the Information (overload) Age,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 43(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Anderson, Simon P & de Palma, André, 2009. "Competition for attention in the information (overload) age," CEPR Discussion Papers 7286, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- S. Anderson & André de Palma, 2012. "Competition for attention in the information (overload) age," Post-Print hal-00517721, HAL.
- S. Anderson & André de Palma, 2012. "Competition for attention in the information (overload) age," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00517721, HAL.
- Chavez, Daniel E. & Palma, Marco A. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Mjelde, James W., 2020. "Product availability in discrete choice experiments with private goods," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C).
- Brown, Sarah & Greene, William H. & Harris, Mark N. & Taylor, Karl, 2015. "An inverse hyperbolic sine heteroskedastic latent class panel tobit model: An application to modelling charitable donations," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 228-236.
- Divine Ikenwilo & Sebastian Heidenreich & Mandy Ryan & Colette Mankowski & Jameel Nazir & Verity Watson, 2018. "The Best of Both Worlds: An Example Mixed Methods Approach to Understand Men’s Preferences for the Treatment of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms," The Patient: Patient-Centered Outcomes Research, Springer;International Academy of Health Preference Research, vol. 11(1), pages 55-67, February.
- Paleti, Rajesh, 2018. "Generalized multinomial probit Model: Accommodating constrained random parameters," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 248-262.
More about this item
KeywordsQueues with entry fee; join the shortest queue; laboratory experiments; decision time;
All these keywords.
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2014-030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwiss.uni-jena.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Markus Pasche (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwiss.uni-jena.de/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.