Margin Trading Bans in Experimental Asset Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Crystal Xiaobei & Rhee, S. Ghon, 2010. "Short sales and speed of price adjustment: Evidence from the Hong Kong stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 471-483, February.
- Dilip Abreu & Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2003. "Bubbles and Crashes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 173-204, January.
- Sanjeev Bhojraj & Robert J. Bloomfield & William B. Tayler, 2009. "Margin Trading, Overpricing, and Synchronization Risk," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(5), pages 2059-2085, May.
- Martin Dufwenberg & Tobias Lindqvist & Evan Moore, 2005. "Bubbles and Experience: An Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1731-1737, December.
- Gerlinde Fellner & Erik Theissen, 2006.
"Short Sale Constraints, Divergence of Opinion and Asset Values: Evidence from the Laboratory,"
Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena
009, University of Siena.
- Fellner, Gerline & Theissen, Erik, 2011. "Short sale constraints, divergence of opinion and asset values: Evidence from the laboratory," CFS Working Paper Series 2011/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Fellner, Gerlinde & Theissen, Erik, 2011. "Short sale constraints, divergence of opinion and asset value: Evidence from the laboratory," CFR Working Papers 11-03, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Chen, Joseph & Hong, Harrison & Stein, Jeremy C., 2002. "Breadth of ownership and stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 171-205.
- Corgnet, Brice & Kujal, Praveen & Porter, David, 2010.
"The effect of reliability, content and timing of public announcements on asset trading behavior,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 254-266, November.
- Corgnet, Brice & Kujal, Praveen & Porter, David, 2010. "The effect of reliability, content and timing of public announcements on asset trading behavior," UC3M Working papers. Economics we101204, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Brice Corgnet & Praveen Kujal & David Porter, 2011. "The Effect of Reliability, Content and Timing of Public Announcements on Asset Trading Behavior," Working Papers 11-02, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Camerer, Colin, 1989. " Bubbles and Fads in Asset Prices," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 3-41.
- Lauren Cohen & Karl B. Diether & Christopher J. Malloy, 2007. "Supply and Demand Shifts in the Shorting Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(5), pages 2061-2096, October.
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Hedegaard, Morten & Palan, Stefan, 2014.
"To see is to believe: Common expectations in experimental asset markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 84-96.
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Hedegaard, Morten & Palan, Stefan, 2012. "To See Is To Believe: Common Expectations in Experimental Asset Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 6922, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Hedegaard, Morten & Palan, Stefan, 2012. "To See Is To Believe: Common Expectations In Experimental Asset Markets," Working Papers 2012-10, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Narat Charupat & Bryan K. Church & Richard Deaves, 2006. "Margin, Short Selling, And Lotteries In Experimental Asset Markets," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 419-436, October.
- Haiwei Chen, 2002. "Price Limits and Margin Requirements in Futures Markets," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 105-121, February.
- Eric C. Chang & Joseph W. Cheng & Yinghui Yu, 2007. "Short-Sales Constraints and Price Discovery: Evidence from the Hong Kong Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(5), pages 2097-2121, October.
- Duffie, Darrell & Garleanu, Nicolae & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2002. "Securities lending, shorting, and pricing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 307-339.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Peterson, Mark A., 2008. "The effect of price tests on trader behavior and market quality: An analysis of Reg SHO," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 84-111, February.
- Danielsen, Bartley R. & Sorescu, Sorin M., 2001. "Why Do Option Introductions Depress Stock Prices? A Study of Diminishing Short Sale Constraints," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(04), pages 451-484, December.
- Day, Theodore E & Lewis, Craig M, 1997. "Initial Margin Policy and Stochastic Volatility in the Crude Oil Futures Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 303-332.
- Benjamin M. Blau & Bonnie F. Van Ness & Robert A. Van Ness, 2009. "Short Selling and the Weekend Effect for NYSE Securities," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(3), pages 603-630, September.
- Cohen, Jacob, 1966. "Federal Reserve Margin Requirements and the Stock Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 30-54, September.
- Crowley, Steve & Sade, Orly, 2004. "Does the option to cancel an order in a double auction market matter?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 89-97, April.
- Ekkehart Boehmer & Charles M. Jones & Xiaoyan Zhang, 2008. "Which Shorts Are Informed?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 491-527, April.
- Eckardt, Walter L, Jr & Rogoff, Donald L, 1976. "100" Margins Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 995-1000, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1987. "Constraints on short-selling and asset price adjustment to private information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 277-311, June.
- Boehme, Rodney D. & Danielsen, Bartley R. & Sorescu, Sorin M., 2006. "Short-Sale Constraints, Differences of Opinion, and Overvaluation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(02), pages 455-487, June.
More about this item
KeywordsLeverage; Asset Market; Price Bubble; Experimental Finance;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2012-10-27 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MST-2012-10-27 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2012-058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.