Old Boys’ Network in General Practitioner’s Referral Behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hackl, Franz & Hummer, Michael & Pruckner, Gerald J., 2015. "Old boys’ network in general practitioners’ referral behavior?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 56-73.
- Franz Hackl & Michael Hummer & Gerald Pruckner, 2013. "Old Boys’ Network in General Practitioner’s Referral Behavior," Economics working papers 2013-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lauren Cohen & Andrea Frazzini & Christopher Malloy, 2008.
"The Small World of Investing: Board Connections and Mutual Fund Returns,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(5), pages 951-979, October.
- Lauren Cohen & Andrea Frazzini & Christopher Malloy, 2007. "The Small World of Investing: Board Connections and Mutual Fund Returns," NBER Working Papers 13121, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adriaan R. Soetevent, 2006. "Empirics of the Identification of Social Interactions; An Evaluation of the Approaches and Their Results ," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 193-228, April.
- Anthony, Denise, 2003. "Changing the nature of physician referral relationships in the US: the impact of managed care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 2033-2044, May.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Social Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 115-136, Summer.
- Allard, Marie & Jelovac, Izabela & Léger, Pierre Thomas, 2011.
"Treatment and referral decisions under different physician payment mechanisms,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 880-893.
- Marie Allard & Izabela Jelovac & Pierre-Thomas Léger, 2011. "Treatment and referral decisions under different physician payment mechanisms," Post-Print halshs-00650933, HAL.
- Sørensen, Torben Højmark & Olsen, Kim Rose & Vedsted, Peter, 2009. "Association between general practice referral rates and patients' socioeconomic status and access to specialised health care: A population-based nationwide study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 180-186, October.
- Hanming Fang & Andrea Moro, 2010. "Theories of Statistical Discrimination and Affirmative Action: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 15860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006.
"The Log of Gravity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 641-658, November.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2003. "The proper panel econometric specification of the gravity equation: A three-way model with bilateral interaction effects," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 571-580, July.
- Stephen C. Earwicker & David K. Whynes, 1998. "General practitioners' referral thresholds and choices of referral destination: an experimental study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(8), pages 711-722.
- Marinoso, Begona Garcia & Jelovac, Izabela, 2003. "GPs' payment contracts and their referral practice," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 617-635, July.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1972. "The Statistical Theory of Racism and Sexism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 659-661, September.
- Paul Gompers & Vladimir Mukharlyamov & Yuhai Xuan, 2012. "The Cost of Friendship," NBER Working Papers 18141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsReferral behavior; general practitioners; information asymmetry; social networks;
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-NET-2013-07-15 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-07-15 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:nrnwps:2013_08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aclawat.html .