Acquired versus Non-Acquired Subsidiaries - Which Entry Mode do Parent Firms Prefer
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2011.
"The Olympic Effect,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(553), pages 652-677, June.
- Rose, Andrew K & Spiegel, Mark, 2009. "The Olympic Effect," CEPR Discussion Papers 7248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2009. "The Olympic effect," Working Paper Series 2009-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Andrew K. Rose & Mark M. Spiegel, 2009. "The Olympic Effect," NBER Working Papers 14854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Volker Nocke & Stephen Yeaple, 2008.
"An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 75(2), pages 529-557.
- Volker Nocke & Stephen Yeaple, 2004. "An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-003, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Stephen Yeaple & Volker Nocke, 2005. "An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment," 2005 Meeting Papers 146, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Volker Nocke & Stephen Yeaple, 2004. "An Assignment Theory of Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 11003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pol Antràs & Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley, 2009.
"Multinational Firms, FDI Flows, and Imperfect Capital Markets,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1171-1219.
- Pol Antràs & Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley, 2007. "Multinational Firms, FDI Flows and Imperfect Capital Markets," NBER Working Papers 12855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desai, Mihir & Antras, Pol & Foley, C. Fritz, 2009. "Multinational Firms, FDI Flows and Imperfect Capital Markets," Scholarly Articles 3199065, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Stiebale, Joel, 2010. "The Impact of Foreign Acquisitions on the Investors' R&D Activities – Firm-level Evidence," Ruhr Economic Papers 161, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0161 is not listed on IDEAS
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Ali Hortacsu & Chad Syverson, 2009. "Why Do Firms Own Production Chains?," Working Papers 09-31, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Desislava Dikova & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2007. "Foreign direct investment mode choice: entry and establishment modes in transition economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(6), pages 1013-1033, November.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Hakkala, Katariina & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan, 2007. "Cross-Border Acquisition or Greenfield Entry: Does it Matter for Affiliate R&D?," Working Paper Series 693, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Nocke, Volker & Yeaple, Stephen, 2007. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions vs. greenfield foreign direct investment: The role of firm heterogeneity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 336-365, July.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387.
- Larimo, Jorma, 2003. "Form of investment by Nordic firms in world markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 791-803, October.
- Andrew Rose, 2005.
"Which International Institutions Promote International Trade?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 682-698, September.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2003. "Which International Institutions Promote International Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3764, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Slangen, Arjen & Hennart, Jean-François, 2007.
"Greenfield or acquisition entry: A review of the empirical foreign establishment mode literature,"
Journal of International Management,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 403-429, December.
- Slangen, A.H.L. & Hennart, J-F., 2007. "Greenfield or Acquisition Entry: A Review of the Empirical Foreign Establishment Mode Literature," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-059-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Klaus Gugler & Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu, 2007. "Corporate Governance and the Determinants of Investment," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(4), pages 598-626, December.
- Yeaple, Stephen Ross, 2009. "Firm heterogeneity and the structure of U.S. multinational activity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 206-215, July.
More about this item
KeywordsAcquisition; Greenfield; Subsidiaries; Mode Choice; FDI; Institutions;
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- P5 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:nrnwps:2010_22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aclawat.html .