Does the Calculation Hold? The Fiscal Balance of Migration to Denmark and Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Torun Österberg & Björn Gustafsson, 2001. "Immigrants and the public sector budget - accounting exercises for Sweden," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 689-708.
- Schmidt, Christoph M., 1997. "Immigrant performance in Germany: Labor earnings of ethnic German migrants and foreign guest-workers," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(Supplemen), pages 379-397.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Felix Büchel & Gert G. Wagner, 1997.
"Assimilation and Other Determinants of School Attainment in Germany: Do Immigrant Children Perform as Well as Germans?,"
Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research,
DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 66(1), pages 169-179.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Felix Büchel & Gert G. Wagner, 1996. "Assimilation and Other Determinants of School Attainment in Germany: do Immigrant Children Perform as Well as Germans?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 141, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Gebhard Flaig & Martin Werding & Sonja Munz & Nicola Düll & Herbert Hofmann, 2001. "EU-Erweiterung und Arbeitskräftemigration : Wege zu einer schrittweisen Annäherung der Arbeitsmärkte," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 2, November.
- M. Dolores Collado & IÒigo Iturbe-Ormaetxe & Guadalupe Valera, 2004.
"Quantifying the Impact of Immigration on the Spanish Welfare State,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(3), pages 335-353, May.
- M. Dolores Collado & Iñigo Iturbe Ormaetxe & Guadalupe Valera, 2002. "Quantifying The Impact Of Immigration On The Spanish Welfare State," Working Papers. Serie AD 2002-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bonin, Holger, 2002. "Eine fiskalische Gesamtbilanz der Zuwanderung nach Deutschland," IZA Discussion Papers 516, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ather H. Akbari, 1989. "The Benefits of Immigrants to Canada: Evidence on Tax and Public Services," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 15(4), pages 424-435, December.
- Svend E. Hougaard Jensen & Ulrik Nødgaard & Lars Haagen Pedersen, 2002. "Fiscal Sustainability and Generational Burden Sharing in Denmark," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 28, pages 43-60.
- Riphahn, Regina, 1999. "Immigrant Participation in Social Assistance Programs: Evidence from German Guestworkers," CEPR Discussion Papers 2318, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Riphahn, Regina T, 2001. "Rational Poverty or Poor Rationality? The Take-Up Study of Social Assistance Benefits," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(3), pages 379-398, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:jopoec:v:30:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00148-017-0636-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. M. Beyer, 2017. "The Performance of Immigrants in the German Labor Market," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 892, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Marianne Frank Hansen & Marie Louise Schultz-Nielsen & Torben Tranæs, 2015.
"The Impact of Immigrants on Public Finances: A Forecast Analysis for Denmark,"
DREAM Working Paper Series
201501, Danish Rational Economic Agents Model, DREAM.
- Hansen, Marianne Frank & Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise & Tranæs, Torben, 2015. "The Impact of Immigrants on Public Finances: A Forecast Analysis for Denmark," IZA Discussion Papers 8844, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marianne Frank Hansen & Marie Louise Schultz-Nielsen & Torben Tranæs, 2017.
"The fiscal impact of immigration to welfare states of the Scandinavian type,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 925-952, July.
- Marianne Frank Hansen & Marie Louise Schultz-Nielsen & Torben Tranæs, 0. "The fiscal impact of immigration to welfare states of the Scandinavian type," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 0, pages 1-28.
- Beyer, Robert, 2016.
"The Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in Germany,"
Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change
145799, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Robert C. M. Beyer, 2016. "The Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in Germany," IMF Working Papers 16/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Holger Hinte, 2014. "What determines the net fiscal effects of migration?," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-78, June.
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_119 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zaiceva, A. & Zimmermann, K.F., 2016. "Migration and the Demographic Shift," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, Elsevier.
More about this item
Keywordssocio-economic effects of migration; generational accounting; immigrant selection; integration;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2014-07-28 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2014-07-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIG-2014-07-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-PBE-2014-07-28 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .