Does the Calculation Hold? The Fiscal Balance of Migration to Denmark and Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Torun Österberg & Björn Gustafsson, 2001. "Immigrants and the public sector budget - accounting exercises for Sweden," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 689-708.
- Schmidt, Christoph M., 1997. "Immigrant performance in Germany: Labor earnings of ethnic German migrants and foreign guest-workers," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(Supplemen), pages 379-397.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Felix Büchel & Gert G. Wagner, 1997.
"Assimilation and Other Determinants of School Attainment in Germany: Do Immigrant Children Perform as Well as Germans?,"
Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research,
DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 66(1), pages 169-179.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Felix Büchel & Gert G. Wagner, 1996. "Assimilation and Other Determinants of School Attainment in Germany: do Immigrant Children Perform as Well as Germans?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 141, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Gebhard Flaig & Martin Werding & Sonja Munz & Nicola Düll & Herbert Hofmann, 2001. "EU-Erweiterung und Arbeitskräftemigration : Wege zu einer schrittweisen Annäherung der Arbeitsmärkte," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 2.
- M. Dolores Collado & IÒigo Iturbe-Ormaetxe & Guadalupe Valera, 2004.
"Quantifying the Impact of Immigration on the Spanish Welfare State,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(3), pages 335-353, May.
- M. Dolores Collado & Iñigo Iturbe Ormaetxe & Guadalupe Valera, 2002. "Quantifying The Impact Of Immigration On The Spanish Welfare State," Working Papers. Serie AD 2002-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bonin, Holger, 2002. "Eine fiskalische Gesamtbilanz der Zuwanderung nach Deutschland," IZA Discussion Papers 516, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ather H. Akbari, 1989. "The Benefits of Immigrants to Canada: Evidence on Tax and Public Services," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 15(4), pages 424-435, December.
- Svend E. Hougaard Jensen & Ulrik Nødgaard & Lars Haagen Pedersen, 2002. "Fiscal Sustainability and Generational Burden Sharing in Denmark," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 28, pages 43-60.
- Riphahn, Regina, 1999. "Immigrant Participation in Social Assistance Programs: Evidence from German Guestworkers," CEPR Discussion Papers 2318, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Riphahn, Regina T, 2001. "Rational Poverty or Poor Rationality? The Take-Up Study of Social Assistance Benefits," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(3), pages 379-398, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:jopoec:v:30:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00148-017-0636-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. M. Beyer, 2017. "The Performance of Immigrants in the German Labor Market," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 892, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Marianne Frank Hansen & Marie Louise Schultz-Nielsen & Torben Tranæs, 2015.
"The Impact of Immigrants on Public Finances: A Forecast Analysis for Denmark,"
DREAM Working Paper Series
201501, Danish Rational Economic Agents Model, DREAM.
- Hansen, Marianne Frank & Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise & Tranæs, Torben, 2015. "The Impact of Immigrants on Public Finances: A Forecast Analysis for Denmark," IZA Discussion Papers 8844, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marianne Frank Hansen & Marie Louise Schultz-Nielsen & Torben Tranæs, 2017.
"The fiscal impact of immigration to welfare states of the Scandinavian type,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 925-952, July.
- Marianne Frank Hansen & Marie Louise Schultz-Nielsen & Torben Tranæs, 0. "The fiscal impact of immigration to welfare states of the Scandinavian type," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 0, pages 1-28.
- Beyer, Robert, 2016.
"The Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in Germany,"
Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change
145799, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Robert C. M. Beyer, 2016. "The Labor Market Performance of Immigrants in Germany," IMF Working Papers 16/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Holger Hinte, 2014. "What determines the net fiscal effects of migration?," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-78, June.
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_119 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zaiceva, A. & Zimmermann, K.F., 2016. "Migration and the Demographic Shift," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, Elsevier.
More about this item
Keywordssocio-economic effects of migration; generational accounting; immigrant selection; integration;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2014-07-28 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2014-07-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIG-2014-07-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-PBE-2014-07-28 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.