Generational accounts: a meaningful alternative to deficit accounting
A presentation of a set of generational accounts that can be used as an alternative to the federal budget deficit in assessing intergenerational policy, concluding that the fiscal burdens on future generations will be significantly larger than those on existing generations if current tax policy remains unchanged.
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James D. Hamilton & Marjorie A. Flavin, 1985.
"On the Limitations of Government Borrowing: A Framework for Empirical Testing,"
NBER Working Papers
1632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, James D & Flavin, Marjorie A, 1986. "On the Limitations of Government Borrowing: A Framework for EmpiricalTesting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 808-19, September.
- Wilcox, David W, 1989.
"The Sustainability of Government Deficits: Implications of the Present-Value Borrowing Constraint,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(3), pages 291-306, August.
- David W. Wilcox, 1987. "The substainability of government deficits: implications of the present- value borrowing constraint," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 77, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alan J. Auerbach & James R. Hines, Jr., 1987.
"Anticipated Tax Changes and the Timing of Investment,"
in: Taxes and Capital Formation, pages 85-88
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach & James R. Hines, Jr., 1987. "Anticipated Tax Changes and the Timing of Investment," NBER Chapters, in: The Effects of Taxation on Capital Accumulation, pages 163-200 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach & James R. Hines Jr., 1986. "Anticipated Tax Changes and the Timing of Investment," NBER Working Papers 1886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eisner, Robert & Pieper, Paul J, 1986. "A New View of the Federal Debt and Budget Deficits: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1156-57, December.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1984.
"Taxation and Savings - A Neoclassical Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
1302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David A. Wise, 1989. "The Economics of Aging," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number wise89-1, June.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1974. "Social Security, Induced Retirement, and Aggregate Capital Accumulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 905-26, Sept./Oct.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:9103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.