How Does Temporary Agency Work Impact German Agency Workers?
The enormous speed of change in the working world is associated with greater job insecurity. As a dynamic external flexibilization instrument, temporary agency work is characterized by high labor turnover rates. As a result, agency workers might perceive more job insecurity than permanent staff. This paper surveys German empirical studies on outcome variables such as job satisfaction, commitment, health, employability, social participation and effects on personal life for agency workers. It is enriched by practical experience gathered at Randstad, Germany’s leading staffing firm, and also provides a summary of recent research on job stability for agency workers.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elke J. Jahn & Regina T. Riphahn & Claus Schnabel, 2012. "Feature: Flexible Forms of Employment: Boon and Bane," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(562), pages 115-124, 08.
- Spermann, Alexander, 2013. "Sector Surcharges for Temporary Agency Workers in Germany: A Way Out of the Low-Wage Sector?," IZA Policy Papers 67, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Spermann, Alexander, 2011. "The New Role of Temporary Agency Work in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 6180, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcel Garz, 2013. "Labour Market Segmentation: Standard and Non-Standard Employment in Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 14(3), pages 349-371, 08.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Tobsch, Verena, 2013. "Has Atypical Work Become Typical in Germany?," IZA Discussion Papers 7609, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexander Spermann, 2013. "Die Demografi estrategie der Bundesregierung — ein Weg zu mehr Wohlstand?," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 93(3), pages 165-169, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.