The Value of Socialized Medicine: The Impact of Universal Primary Healthcare Provision on Birth and Mortality Rates in Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:154:y:2017:i:c:p:122-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Jun, Gao & Ling, Xu & Juncheng, Qian, 2009.
"Extending health insurance to the rural population: An impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Gao Jun & Xu Ling & Qian Juncheng, 2007. "Extending health insurance to the rural population : an impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4150, The World Bank.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, July.
- Romero Rocha & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2010.
"Evaluating the impact of community‐based health interventions: evidence from Brazil's Family Health Program,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(S1), pages 126-158, September.
- Rocha, Romero & Soares, Rodrigo R., 2009. "Evaluating the Impact of Community-Based Health Interventions: Evidence from Brazil's Family Health Program," IZA Discussion Papers 4119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bernal, Noelia & Carpio, Miguel A. & Klein, Tobias J., 2017.
"The effects of access to health insurance: Evidence from a regression discontinuity design in Peru,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 122-136.
- Bernal, Noelia & Carpio, Miguel A. & Klein, Tobias J., 2014. "The Effects of Access to Health Insurance for Informally Employed Individuals in Peru," IZA Discussion Papers 8213, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kruk, Margaret Elizabeth & Porignon, Denis & Rockers, Peter C. & Van Lerberghe, Wim, 2010. "The contribution of primary care to health and health systems in low- and middle-income countries: A critical review of major primary care initiatives," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 904-911, March.
- Jonathan Gruber & Nathaniel Hendren & Robert M. Townsend, 2014. "The Great Equalizer: Health Care Access and Infant Mortality in Thailand," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 91-107, January.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Urbanization of Global Poverty,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(4), pages 667-701.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2007. "New evidence on the urbanization of global poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4199, The World Bank.
- Martha J. Bailey & Andrew Goodman-Bacon, 2015.
"The War on Poverty's Experiment in Public Medicine: Community Health Centers and the Mortality of Older Americans,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(3), pages 1067-1104, March.
- Martha J. Bailey & Andrew Goodman-Bacon, 2014. "The War on Poverty's Experiment in Public Medicine: Community Health Centers and the Mortality of Older Americans," NBER Working Papers 20653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pfutze, Tobias, 2014. "The Effects of Mexico’s Seguro Popular Health Insurance on Infant Mortality: An Estimation with Selection on the Outcome Variable," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 475-486.
- Xiaoyan Lei & Wanchuan Lin, 2009. "The New Cooperative Medical Scheme in rural China: does more coverage mean more service and better health?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 25-46, July.
- Anthopolos, Rebecca & Becker, Charles M., 2010. "Global Infant Mortality: Correcting for Undercounting," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 467-481, April.
- Fernando Ruiz & Liliana Amaya & Stella Venegas, 2007. "Progressive segmented health insurance: Colombian health reform and access to health services," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 3-18.
- Sosa-Rubí, Sandra G. & Galárraga, Omar & Harris, Jeffrey E., 2009.
"Heterogeneous impact of the "Seguro Popular" program on the utilization of obstetrical services in Mexico, 2001-2006: A multinomial probit model with a discrete endogenous variable,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 20-34, January.
- Sandra G. Sosa-Rubi & Omar Galarraga & Jeffrey E. Harris, 2007. "Heterogeneous Impact of the "Seguro Popular" Program on the Utilization of Obstetrical Services in Mexico, 2001-2006: A Multinomial Probit Model with a Discrete Endogenous Variable," NBER Working Papers 13498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Klepinger & Shelly Lundberg & Robert Plotnick, 1999.
"How Does Adolescent Fertility Affect the Human Capital and Wages of Young Women?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(3), pages 421-448.
- D. Klepinger & S. Lundberg & R. Plotnick, "undated". "How Does Adolescent Fertility Affect the Human Capital and Wages of Young Women?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1145-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Kondo, Ayako & Shigeoka, Hitoshi, 2013. "Effects of universal health insurance on health care utilization, and supply-side responses: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 1-23.
- Janet Currie & Patricia B. Reagan, 2003. "Distance to Hospital and Children's Use of Preventive Care: Is Being Closer Better, and for Whom?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 378-391, July.
- Likwang Chen & Winnie Yip & Ming-Cheng Chang & Hui-Sheng Lin & Shyh-Dye Lee & Ya-Ling Chiu & Yu-Hsuan Lin, 2007. "The effects of Taiwan's National Health Insurance on access and health status of the elderly," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 223-242.
- Mauricio Reis, 2014. "Public primary health care and children’s health in Brazil: evidence from siblings," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 421-445, April.
- Adriana Camacho & Emily Conover, 2013. "Effects of Subsidized Health Insurance on Newborn Health in a Developing Country," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(3), pages 633-658.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2007.127480_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carrin, Guy & Ron, Aviva & Hui, Yang & Hong, Wang & Tuohong, Zhang & Licheng, Zhang & Shuo, Zhang & Yide, Ye & Jiaying, Chen & Qicheng, Jiang & Zhaoyang, Zhang & Jun, Yu & Xuesheng, Li, 1999. "The reform of the rural cooperative medical system in the People's Republic of China: interim experience in 14 pilot counties," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 961-972, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cesur, Resul & Tekin, Erdal & Ulker, Aydogan, 2016.
"Can Natural Gas Save Lives? Evidence from the Deployment of a Fuel Delivery System in a Developing Country,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10115, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Resul Cesur & Erdal Tekin & Aydogan Ulker, 2016. "Can Natural Gas Save Lives? Evidence from the Deployment of a Fuel Delivery System in a Developing Country," NBER Working Papers 22522, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oyvat, Cem & Tekgüç, Hasan, 2017. "Double squeeze on educational development: land inequality and ethnic conflict in Southeastern Turkey," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 16812, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
More about this item
Keywordshealthcare; reform; socialized; medicine; health; Turkey; infant; mortality; birth; teenager; physician;
- I0 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2015-09-26 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2015-09-26 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HEA-2015-09-26 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2015-09-26 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp9329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.