Physician-Leaders and Hospital Performance: Is There an Association?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Goodall, Amanda H., 2011. "Physician-leaders and hospital performance: Is there an association?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 535-539.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goodall, Amanda H., 2009. "Highly cited leaders and the performance of research universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 1079-1092.
- Pope, Devin G., 2009. "Reacting to rankings: Evidence from "America's Best Hospitals"," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1154-1165, December.
- Amanda H Goodall, 2005.
"Should Research Universities be Led by Top Researchers? Part 1: Are they?,"
- Amanda Goodall, 2005. "Should Research Universities be led by top researchers? Part 1: Are they?," CEE Discussion Papers 0051, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Goodall, Amanda H. & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2011. "Why do leaders matter? A study of expert knowledge in a superstar setting," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 265-284, March.
- Goodall, Amanda H. & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2008. "Why Do Leaders Matter? The Role of Expert Knowledge," IZA Discussion Papers 3583, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bloom, Nicholas & Lemos, Renata & Sadun, Raffaella & Reenen, John Van, 2017.
"Healthy business? Managerial education and management in healthcare,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
86592, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nicholas Bloom & Renata Lemos & Raffaella Sadun & John Van Reenen, 2017. "Healthy Business? Managerial Education and Management in Healthcare," NBER Working Papers 23880, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Bloom & Renata Lemos & Raffaella Sadun & John Van Reenen, 2017. "Healthy Business? Managerial Education and Management in Healthcare," CEP Discussion Papers dp1500, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Avner Offer, 2012.
"A Warrant for Pain: Caveat Emptor vs. the Duty of Care in American Medicine, c. 1970-2010,"
Economics Series Working Papers
Number 102, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Avner Offer, 2012. "A Warrant for Pain: Caveat Emptor vs. the Duty of Care in American Medicine, c. 1970-2010," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _102, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Goodall, Amanda H., 2012. "A Theory of Expert Leadership," IZA Discussion Papers 6566, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goodall, Amanda H. & Osterloh, Margit, 2015. "Women Have to Enter the Leadership Race to Win: Using Random Selection to Increase the Supply of Women into Senior Positions," IZA Discussion Papers 9331, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Veronesi, Gianluca & Kirkpatrick, Ian & Vallascas, Francesco, 2013. "Clinicians on the board: What difference does it make?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 147-155.
- Ludwig Kuntz & Stefan Scholtes, 2013. "Physicians in leadership: the association between medical director involvement and staff-to-patient ratios," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 129-138, June.
- Macinati, Manuela S. & Bozzi, Stefano & Rizzo, Marco Giovanni, 2016. "Budgetary participation and performance: The mediating effects of medical managers’ job engagement and self-efficacy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(9), pages 1017-1028.
- Benjamin M. Artz & Amanda H. Goodall & Andrew J. Oswald, 2017.
"Boss Competence and Worker Well-Being,"
Cornell University, ILR School, pages 419-450.
- Artz, Benjamin & Goodall, Amanda H. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2014. "Boss Competence and Worker Well-being," IZA Discussion Papers 8559, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Artz, Benjamin & Goodall, Amanda H & Oswald, Andrew J, 2015. "Boss Competence and Worker Well-being," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1072, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Chen-Wei Yang, 2015. "Implementing hospital innovation in Taiwan: the perspectives of institutional theory and social capital," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 403-425, October.
- Goodall, Amanda H. & Pogrebna, Ganna, 2012. "Expert Leaders in a Fast-Moving Environment," IZA Discussion Papers 6715, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amanda Goodall, 2013. "Should Doctors Run Hospitals?," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(1), pages 37-40, 04.
- KURODA Sachiko & YAMAMOTO Isamu, 2016. "Good Boss, Bad Boss, Workers' Mental Health and Productivity: Evidence from Japan," Discussion papers 16101, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2013:i:1:p:19078515 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsorganizational performance; expert leaders; hospitals; physicians; professional managers;
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5830. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .