Should Research Universities be Led by Top Researchers? Part 1: Are they?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Amanda Goodall, 2005. "Should Research Universities be led by top researchers? Part 1: Are they?," CEE Discussion Papers 0051, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1994. "Facts and Myths about Refereeing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 153-163, Winter.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & John L. Cheslock & Julia Epifantseva, 2000. "Paying our Presidents: What do Trustees Value?," NBER Working Papers 7886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:scient:v:84:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0087-x is not listed on IDEAS
- John McCormack & Carol Propper & Sarah Smith, 2014.
"Herding Cats? Management and University Performance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(578), pages 534-564, August.
- McCormack, John & Propper, Carol & Smith, Sarah L., 2013. "Herding cats? Management and university performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 9560, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John McCormack & Carol Propper & Sarah Smith, 2013. "Herding cats? Management and university performance," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 13/308, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Andrew J. Oswald, 2010.
"A suggested method for the measurement of world-leading research (illustrated with data on economics),"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 84(1), pages 99-113, July.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2009. "A Suggested Method for the Measurement of World-Leading Research (Illustrated with Data on Economics)," IZA Discussion Papers 4313, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goodall, Amanda H. & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2008. "Why Do Leaders Matter? The Role of Expert Knowledge," IZA Discussion Papers 3583, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2008. "Can We Test for Bias in Scientific Peer-Review?," IZA Discussion Papers 3665, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goodall, Amanda H., 2011.
"Physician-leaders and hospital performance: Is there an association?,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 535-539, August.
- Goodall, Amanda H., 2011. "Physician-Leaders and Hospital Performance: Is There an Association?," IZA Discussion Papers 5830, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goodall, Amanda H. & Pogrebna, Ganna, 2012. "Expert Leaders in a Fast-Moving Environment," IZA Discussion Papers 6715, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2009. "World-Leading Research and its Measurement," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 887, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Amanda Goodall, 2013. "Should Doctors Run Hospitals?," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(1), pages 37-40, 04.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2015. "The Objective Measurement of World-Leading Research," IZA Discussion Papers 8829, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amanda H. Goodall, 2010. "Why Socrates Should Be In The Boardroom In Research Universities," University of California at Berkeley, Center for Studies in Higher Education qt6230c4jd, Center for Studies in Higher Education, UC Berkeley.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2013:i:1:p:19078515 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsleadership; research university presidents; citations; world university rankings.;
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwphe:0506003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.