Health Outcomes and Socio-Economic Status among the Elderly in China: Evidence from the CHARLS Pilot
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James P. Smith, 2009.
"The Impact of Childhood Health on Adult Labor Market Outcomes,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 478-489, August.
- James Smith, 2005. "The Impact of Childhood Health on Adult Labor Market Outcomes," Labor and Demography 0511001, EconWPA.
- James P Smith, 2008. "The Impact of Childhood Health on Adult Labor Market Outcomes," Working Papers 200814, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Smith, James P., 2009. "The Impact of Childhood Health on Adult Labor Market Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 4274, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Don Kenkel & Dean R. Lillard & Feng Liu, 2009. "An analysis of life‐course smoking behavior in China," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 147-156, July.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John, 1997.
"Health and wages: Evidence on men and women in urban Brazil,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 159-185, March.
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J., 1997. "Health and Wages: Evidence on Men and Women in Urban Brazil," Papers 97-05, RAND - Reprint Series.
- John J. McArdle & James P. Smith & Robert Willis, 2011.
"Cognition and Economic Outcomes in the Health and Retirement Survey,"
NBER Chapters,in: Explorations in the Economics of Aging, pages 209-233
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John J. McArdle & James P. Smith & Robert Willis, 2009. "Cognition and Economic Outcomes in the Health and Retirement Survey," NBER Working Papers 15266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McArdle, John J. & Smith, James P. & Willis, Robert, 2009. "Cognition and Economic Outcomes in the Health and Retirement Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 4269, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dana P. Goldman & James P. Smith, 2004. "Can Patient Self-Management Help Explain the SES Health Gradient?," HEW 0403004, EconWPA.
- Duncan Thomas, 2008.
"Psychological Health Before, During, and After an Economic Crisis: Results from Indonesia, 1993--2000,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 57-76, November.
- Friedman, Jed & Thomas, Duncan, 2007. "Psychological health before, during, and after an economic crisis : results from Indonesia, 1993 - 2000," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4386, The World Bank.
- Lance, Peter M. & Akin, John S. & Dow, William H. & Loh, Chung-Ping, 2004. "Is cigarette smoking in poorer nations highly sensitive to price?: Evidence from Russia and China," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 173-189, January.
- Agar Brugiavini & Tullio Jappelli & Guglielmo Weber, 2002. "The Survey on Health, Aging and Wealth," CSEF Working Papers 86, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- James Banks & Alastair Muriel & James Smith, 2010.
"Disease prevalence, disease incidence, and mortality in the United States and in England,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(1), pages 211-231, March.
- Banks, James & Muriel, Alastair & Smith, James P., 2010. "Disease Prevalence, Disease Incidence, and Mortality in the United States and in England," IZA Discussion Papers 4992, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James P. Smith, 1999. "Healthy Bodies and Thick Wallets: The Dual Relation between Health and Economic Status," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 145-166, Spring.
- Adam Wagstaff & Winnie Yip & Magnus Lindelow & William C. Hsiao, 2009. "China's health system and its reform: a review of recent studies," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 7-23, July.
- John A. Maluccio & John Hoddinott & Jere R. Behrman & Reynaldo Martorell & Agnes R. Quisumbing & Aryeh D. Stein, 2009. "The Impact of Improving Nutrition During Early Childhood on Education among Guatemalan Adults," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(537), pages 734-763, April.
- Cutler, David M. & Lleras-Muney, Adriana, 2010.
"Understanding differences in health behaviors by education,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Cutler, David M. & Lleras-Muney, Adriana, 2010. "Understanding Differences in Health Behaviors by Education," Scholarly Articles 5344195, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Firman Witoelar & John Strauss & Bondan Sikoki, 2009. "Socioeconomic Success and Health in Later Life Evidence from the Indonesia Family Life Survey," Working Papers 704, RAND Corporation.
- Das, Jishnu & Do, Quy-Toan & Friedman, Jed & McKenzie, David & Scott, Kinnon, 2007. "Mental health and poverty in developing countries: Revisiting the relationship," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 467-480, August.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Results on Health Inequalities from Chinese Aging Study
by Liam Delaney in Geary Behaviour Centre on 2010-09-11 00:35:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lei, Xiaoyan & Sun, Xiaoting & Strauss, John & Zhang, Peng & Zhao, Yaohui, 2014. "Depressive symptoms and SES among the mid-aged and elderly in China: Evidence from the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study national baseline," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 224-232.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:1-2:y:2013:i::p:50-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Younoh & Sikoki, Bondan & Strauss, John & Witoelar, Firman, 2015.
"Intergenerational correlations of health among older adults: Empirical evidence from Indonesia,"
The Journal of the Economics of Ageing,
Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 44-56.
- Younoh Kim & Bondan Sikoki & John Strauss & Firman Witoelar, 2011. "Intergenerational Correlations of Health Among Older Adults Empirical Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers WR-879, RAND Corporation.
- Bonnefond, Céline & Clément, Matthieu, 2014. "Social class and body weight among Chinese urban adults: The role of the middle classes in the nutrition transition," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 22-29.
- Haining Wang & Zhiming Cheng & Russell Smyth, 2016. "Language, Health Outcomes and Health Inequality," Monash Economics Working Papers 43-16, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Connelly, Rachel & Maurer-Fazio, Margaret, 2016. "Left behind, at-risk, and vulnerable elders in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 140-153.
- Kim, Younoh & Radoias, Vlad, 2016. "Education, individual time preferences, and asymptomatic disease detection," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 15-22.
- Smith, James P. & Tian, Meng & Zhao, Yaohui, 2013.
"Community effects on elderly health: Evidence from CHARLS national baseline,"
The Journal of the Economics of Ageing,
Elsevier, vol. 1, pages 50-59.
- Smith, James P. & Tian, Meng & Zhao, Yaohui, 2013. "Community Effects on Elderly Health: Evidence from CHARLS National Baseline," IZA Discussion Papers 7535, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ran:wpaper:809 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joecag:v:4:y:2014:i:c:p:59-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- James P. Smith & Yan Shen & John Strauss & Yang Zhe & Yaohui Zhao, 2012.
"The Effects of Childhood Health on Adult Health and SES in China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(1), pages 127-156.
- Smith, James P. & Shen, Yan & Strauss, John & Zhe, Yang & Zhao, Yaohui, 2010. "The Effects of Childhood Health on Adult Health and SES in China," IZA Discussion Papers 5318, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:joecag:v:3:y:2014:i:c:p:29-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ran:wpaper:881 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jinkook Lee & Regina A. Shih & Kevin Carter Feeney & Kenneth M Langa, 2011. "Cognitive Health of Older Indians Individual and Geographic Determinants of Female Disadvantage," Working Papers 889, RAND Corporation.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:4:y:2014:i:c:p:37-43 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-09-11 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2010-09-11 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CNA-2010-09-11 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2010-09-11 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2010-09-11 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2010-09-11 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-TRA-2010-09-11 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.