An analysis of life‐course smoking behavior in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lance, Peter M. & Akin, John S. & Dow, William H. & Loh, Chung-Ping, 2004. "Is cigarette smoking in poorer nations highly sensitive to price?: Evidence from Russia and China," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 173-189, January.
- DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Don & Mathios, Alan, 2008.
"Cigarette taxes and the transition from youth to adult smoking: Smoking initiation, cessation, and participation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 904-917, July.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald S. Kenkel & Alan D. Mathios, 2008. "Cigarette Taxes and the Transition from Youth to Adult Smoking: Smoking Initiation, Cessation, and Participation," NBER Working Papers 14042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- BISHOP, John A. & Liu, Haiyong & Meng, Qi, 2007. "Are Chinese smokers sensitive to price?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 113-121.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Winnie Yip & Adam Wagstaff & William C. Hsiao, 2009. "Economic analysis of China's health care system: turning a new page," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 3-6, July.
- Quirmbach, Diana & Gerry, Christopher J., 2016.
"Gender, education and Russia’s tobacco epidemic: A life-course approach,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 54-66.
- Quirmbach, Diana & Gerry, Christopher J., 2016. "Gender, education and Russia’s tobacco epidemic: a life-course approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66815, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ricardo Goncalves & Peter J. Simmons & Yuanyuan Xie, 2017. "Rebel with(out) a cause? Inter-generational smoking dependence in Chinese households," Discussion Papers 17/20, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lin, Wanchuan & Sloan, Frank, 2015. "Risk perceptions and smoking decisions of adult Chinese men," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 60-73.
- Christopoulou, Rebekka & Lillard, Dean R., 2015.
"Is smoking behavior culturally determined? Evidence from British immigrants,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 78-90.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2013. "Is Smoking Behavior Culturally Determined? Evidence from British Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 19036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2013. "Is Smoking Behavior Culturally Determined?: Evidence from British Immigrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1265, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Strauss, John & Lei, Xiaoyan & Park, Albert & Shen, Yan & Smith, James P. & Yang, Zhe & Zhao, Yaohui, 2010. "Health Outcomes and Socio-Economic Status among the Elderly in China: Evidence from the CHARLS Pilot," IZA Discussion Papers 5152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kuiyun Zhi & Jin Huang & Suo Deng & Yongjin Chen & Michael G. Vaughn & Zhengmin Qian, 2016. "Decreased smoking initiation among male youths in China: an urban–rural comparison," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(4), pages 417-425, May.
- REN, Yanjun & CASTRO CAMPOS, Bente & LOY, Jens-Peter & BROSIG, Stephan, 2018. "Low-Income And Overweight In China: Evidence From A Life-Course Utility Model," 58th Annual Conference, Kiel, Germany, September 12-14, 2018 275891, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn, 2013. "Understanding China's Urban Pollution Dynamics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 731-772, September.
- Albert Hermalin & Deborah Lowry, 2012. "The Decline of Smoking Among Female Birth Cohorts in China in the 20th Century: A Case of Arrested Diffusion?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(4), pages 545-570, August.
- repec:ran:wpaper:774 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssmoking initiation and cessation ; tobacco control ; life‐course ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:18:y:2009:i:s2:p:s147-s156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.