An analysis of life‐course smoking behavior in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Don & Mathios, Alan, 2008.
"Cigarette taxes and the transition from youth to adult smoking: Smoking initiation, cessation, and participation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 904-917, July.
- Philip DeCicca & Donald S. Kenkel & Alan D. Mathios, 2008. "Cigarette Taxes and the Transition from Youth to Adult Smoking: Smoking Initiation, Cessation, and Participation," NBER Working Papers 14042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- BISHOP, John A. & Liu, Haiyong & Meng, Qi, 2007. "Are Chinese smokers sensitive to price?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 113-121.
- Lance, Peter M. & Akin, John S. & Dow, William H. & Loh, Chung-Ping, 2004. "Is cigarette smoking in poorer nations highly sensitive to price?: Evidence from Russia and China," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 173-189, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Winnie Yip & Adam Wagstaff & William C. Hsiao, 2009. "Economic analysis of China's health care system: turning a new page," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 3-6, July.
- Quirmbach, Diana & Gerry, Christopher J., 2016.
"Gender, education and Russia’s tobacco epidemic: A life-course approach,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 54-66.
- Quirmbach, Diana & Gerry, Christopher J., 2016. "Gender, education and Russia’s tobacco epidemic: a life-course approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66815, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ricardo Goncalves & Peter J. Simmons & Yuanyuan Xie, 2017. "Rebel with(out) a cause? Inter-generational smoking dependence in Chinese households," Discussion Papers 17/20, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lin, Wanchuan & Sloan, Frank, 2015. "Risk perceptions and smoking decisions of adult Chinese men," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 60-73.
- Christopoulou, Rebekka & Lillard, Dean R., 2015.
"Is smoking behavior culturally determined? Evidence from British immigrants,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 78-90.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2013. "Is Smoking Behavior Culturally Determined? Evidence from British Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 19036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2013. "Is Smoking Behavior Culturally Determined?: Evidence from British Immigrants," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1265, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Strauss, John & Lei, Xiaoyan & Park, Albert & Shen, Yan & Smith, James P. & Yang, Zhe & Zhao, Yaohui, 2010. "Health Outcomes and Socio-Economic Status among the Elderly in China: Evidence from the CHARLS Pilot," IZA Discussion Papers 5152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kuiyun Zhi & Jin Huang & Suo Deng & Yongjin Chen & Michael G. Vaughn & Zhengmin Qian, 2016. "Decreased smoking initiation among male youths in China: an urban–rural comparison," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(4), pages 417-425, May.
- Siqi Zheng & Matthew E. Kahn, 2013. "Understanding China's Urban Pollution Dynamics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 731-772, September.
- Albert Hermalin & Deborah Lowry, 2012. "The Decline of Smoking Among Female Birth Cohorts in China in the 20th Century: A Case of Arrested Diffusion?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(4), pages 545-570, August.
- repec:ran:wpaper:774 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssmoking initiation and cessation ; tobacco control ; life‐course ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:18:y:2009:i:s2:p:s147-s156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .