Is cigarette smoking in poorer nations highly sensitive to price?: Evidence from Russia and China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1990:80:5:529-531_2 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven F. Koch & Gauthier Tshiswaka-Kashalala, 2008. "Tobacco Substitution and the Poor," Working Papers 200832, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Pierpaolo Pierani & Silvia Tiezzi, 2014. "Secular trends in tobacco consumption: the case of Italy, 1871-2010," Department of Economics University of Siena 700, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Herzfeld, Thomas & Huffman, Sonya & Rizov, Marian, 2014.
"The dynamics of food, alcohol and cigarette consumption in Russia during transition,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 128-143.
- Herzfeld, Thomas & Huffman, Sonya & Rizov, Marian, 2014. "The dynamics of food, alcohol and cigarette consumption in Russia during transition," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 128-143.
- Herzfeld, Thomas & Huffman, Sonya K. & Rizov, Marian, 2013. "The dynamics of food, alcohol and cigarette consumption in Russia during transition," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35904, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Xiaohua Yu & David Abler, 2010. "Interactions between cigarette and alcohol consumption in rural China," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(2), pages 151-160, April.
- BISHOP, John A. & Liu, Haiyong & Meng, Qi, 2007. "Are Chinese smokers sensitive to price?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 113-121.
- Seonghoon Hong & Alan R. Collins, 2010. "The Impact Of Antismoking Policies In Korea On Quit Success And Smoking Intentions," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(4), pages 474-487, October.
- Don Kenkel & Dean R. Lillard & Feng Liu, 2009. "An analysis of life‐course smoking behavior in China," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 147-156, July.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:12:p:1288-1295 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lokshin, Mikhail & Sajaia, Zurab, 2007. "The Economic Cost of Smoking: Differences in Wages between Smokers and Non-smokers in Russia," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 6(2), pages 60-80.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813108721_0005 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rajeev Goel & Xingyuan Zhang, 2013. "Gender dynamics and smoking prevalence in Japan," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(4), pages 622-636, October.
- Abdulbaki Bilgic & Wojciech Florkowski & Cuma Akbay, 2010. "Demand for cigarettes in Turkey: an application of count data models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 733-765, December.
- Deliana Kostova & Hana Ross & Evan Blecher & Sara Markowitz, 2010. "Prices and Cigarette Demand: Evidence from Youth Tobacco Use in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 15781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Strauss, John & Lei, Xiaoyan & Park, Albert & Shen, Yan & Smith, James P. & Yang, Zhe & Zhao, Yaohui, 2010. "Health Outcomes and Socio-Economic Status among the Elderly in China: Evidence from the CHARLS Pilot," IZA Discussion Papers 5152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yen, Steven T. & Shaw, W. Douglass & Yuan, Yan, 2010. "Cigarette smoking and self-reported health in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 532-543, December.
- Yuyu Chen & Weibo Xing, 2016.
"Quantity, Quality, and Regional Price Variation of Cigarettes: Demand Analysis Based on a Household Survey in China,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Economics of Tobacco Control in China From Policy Research to Practice, chapter 5, pages 61-87
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Chen, Yuyu & Xing, Weibo, 2011. "Quantity, quality, and regional price variation of cigarettes: Demand analysis based on a household survey in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 221-232, June.
- repec:ran:wpaper:774 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chung-Ping Loh & Chin-Shyan Chen & Tsai-Ching Liu, 2009. "Multiple Dimensions of Cigarette Smoking and Responsiveness to Cigarette Price Changes in Taiwan," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 203-213, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:23:y:2004:i:1:p:173-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.