Tobacco Control in Developing Countries
- Jha, Prabhat(World Health Organisation, Geneva)Chaloupka, Frank(University of Illinois, Chicago)
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernando S. Machado & Rajiv K. Sinha, 2007. "Smoking Cessation: A Model of Planned vs. Actual Behavior for Time-Inconsistent Consumers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 834-850, 11-12.
- Tibor Baška & Charles Warren & Martina Bašková & Nathan Jones, 2009. "Prevalence of youth cigarette smoking and selected social factors in 25 European countries: findings from the Global Youth Tobacco Survey," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 54(6), pages 439-445, December.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:352581 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Merriman, 2010. "The Micro-geography of Tax Avoidance: Evidence from Littered Cigarette Packs in Chicago," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 61-84, May.
- Thomas N O Achia, 2015. "Tobacco Use and Mass Media Utilization in Sub-Saharan Africa," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(2), pages 1-16, February.
- Hoang Minh & Kim Bao Giang & Nguyen Bao Ngoc & Phan Thi Hai & Doan Thi Thu Huyen & Luong Ngoc Khue & Nguyen Tuan Lam & Pham Thi Quynh Nga & Nguyen The Quan & Nguyen Thi Xuyen, 2017. "Prevalence of tobacco smoking in Vietnam: findings from the Global Adult Tobacco Survey 2015," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 62(1), pages 121-129, February.
- Katherine Clegg Smith & K. Welding & C. Kleb & C. Washington & J. Cohen, 2018. "English on cigarette packs from six non-Anglophone low- and middle-income countries," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 63(9), pages 1071-1079, December.
- Zhao, Meng & Konishi, Yoshifumi & Glewwe, Paul, 2012. "Does smoking affect schooling? Evidence from teenagers in rural China," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 584-598.
- Steven Block & Patrick Webb, 2009. "Up in Smoke: Tobacco Use, Expenditure on Food, and Child Malnutrition in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 1-23, October.
- Piotr Pękała & Andrzej Torój, 2017. "Wpływ czynników cenowych i niecenowych na konsumpcję tytoniu – analiza danych panelowych," Collegium of Economic Analysis Annals, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, issue 47, pages 157-176.
- van Deuverden, Kristina, 2004. "Die Erhöhung der Tabaksteuer zur Finanzierung versicherungsfremder Leistungen in der gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung," IWH Discussion Papers 187, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Xia Wan & Sanghyuk S Shin & Qian Wang & H Fisher Raymond & Huilin Liu & Ding Ding & Gonghuan Yang & Thomas E Novotny, 2011. "Smoking among Young Rural to Urban Migrant Women in China: A Cross-Sectional Survey," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 6(8), pages 1-7, August.
- Richard M. Bird, 2014.
"Foreign advice and tax policy in developing countries,"
Chapters, in: Richard M. Bird & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez (ed.), Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 4, pages 103-144,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard M. Bird, 2013. "Foreign Advice and Tax Policy in Developing Countries," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1307, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Sijbren Cnossen & D. Forrest & S. Smith, 2009. "Taxation and regulation of smoking, drinking and gambling in the European Union," CPB Special Publication 76.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Antik Suprihanti & Harianto Harianto & Bonar M. Sinaga & Reni Kustiari, 2018. "The Impact of Cigarette Excise Tax Policy on Tobacco Market and Clove Market in Indonesia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 54-60.
- Lai, Taavi & Habicht, Jarno & Reinap, Marge & Chisholm, Dan & Baltussen, Rob, 2007. "Costs, health effects and cost-effectiveness of alcohol and tobacco control strategies in Estonia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 75-88, November.
- Martin Gonzalez-Rozada & Alejandro Ramos-Carbajales, 2016. "Implications of Increasing Cigarette Taxes in Peru," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016_02, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Jha, Prabhat & Peters, David H. & Nguyen, Son Nam, 2004. "Household tobacco and alcohol use, and child health: an exploratory study from India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 67-83, October.
- Vedran Recher, 2019. "Tobacco smuggling in the Western Balkan region: Exploring habits, attitudes, and predictors of illegal tobacco demand," Working Papers 1901, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Marko Primorac & Silvija Vlah Jeric, 2017. "The Structure of Cigarette Excises in the EU: From Myths to Reality," CESifo Working Paper Series 6386, CESifo.
- Théophile T Azomahou & Racky Baldé & Abdoulaye Diagne & Pape Yona Mané & Ibrahima Sory Kaba, 2019. "Public finances and tobacco taxation with product variety: Theory and application to Senegal and Nigeria," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(2), pages 1-21, February.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 2006. "Alcohol taxation and regulation in the European Union," CPB Discussion Paper 76.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Tibor Baška & Charles Warren & Henrieta Hudečková & Róbert Ochaba & Peter Šťastný & Veronica Lea & Juliette Lee, 2010. "The role of family background on cigarette smoking among adolescent school children in Slovakia: findings from the 2007 Slovakia Global Youth Tobacco Survey," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(6), pages 591-597, December.
- Marilina Santero & Santiago Melendi & Akram Hernández-Vásquez & Vilma Irazola, 2019. "Socio-economic inequalities in smoking prevalence and involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke in Argentina: Analysis of three cross-sectional nationally representative surveys in 2005, 2009 and 2013," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(6), pages 1-16, June.
- Yi-Chi Chen & Chang-Ching Lin, 2010. "Threshold Effects in Cigarette Addiction: An Application of the Threshold Model in Dynamic Panels," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 3128-3142.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780192632463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.oup.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Economics Book Marketing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.oup.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
More services and features
Follow serials, authors, keywords & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various research rankings in Economics
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on economics topics