Imposing Economic Constraints in Nonparametric Regression: Survey, Implementation and Extension
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matzkin, Rosa L., 1986. "Restrictions of economic theory in nonparametric methods," Handbook of Econometrics,in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 42, pages 2523-2558 Elsevier.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2007.
"Improving estimates of monotone functions by rearrangement,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP09/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2007. "Improving Estimates Of Monotone Functions By Rearrangement," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-012, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Alfred Galichon, 2007. "Improving Estimates of Monotone Functions by Rearrangement," Papers 0704.3686, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2010.
- Pagan,Adrian & Ullah,Aman, 1999. "Nonparametric Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521355643, May.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Welch, Finis, 1990. "Empirical Age-Earnings Profiles," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(2), pages 202-229, April.
- Matzkin, Rosa L, 1991. "Semiparametric Estimation of Monotone and Concave Utility Functions for Polychotomous Choice Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1315-1327, September.
- S. M. Goldman & P. A. Ruud, 1993.
"Nonparametric Multivariate Regression Subject to Constraint,"
- Goldman, Steven M., 1993. "Nonparametric Multivariate Regression Subject to Constraint," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7r623607, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Beresteanu, Arie, 2004. "Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Functions under Restrictions on Partieal Derivatives," Working Papers 04-06, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2001.
"New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 653-674, June.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1997. "New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks," Working Papers 1997-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey S. Racine & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Estimating Average Treatment Effects with Continuous and Discrete Covariates: The Case of Swan-Ganz Catheterization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 357-362, May.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Golub, Gene H., 1984.
"Imposing curvature restrictions on flexible functional forms,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 295-321, December.
- A. Ronald Gallant & Gene H. Golub, 1982. "Imposing Curvature Restrictions on Flexible Functional Forms," Discussion Papers 538, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Matzkin, Rosa L., 1993. "Nonparametric identification and estimation of polychotomous choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 137-168, July.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & List, John A. & Millimet, Daniel L. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Price, Michael K., 2008. "Imposing Monotonicity Nonparametrically in First-Price Auctions," MPRA Paper 8769, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosa L. Matzkin, 1988. "Nonparametric and Distribution-Free Estimation of the Binary Choice and the Threshold-Crossing Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 889, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- P. Hall & B. Presnell, 1999. "Intentionally biased bootstrap methods," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(1), pages 143-158.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional CDF and Quantile Functions With Mixed Categorical and Continuous Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 423-434.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1982. "Unbiased determination of production technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 285-323, November.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & Tu, Yundong & Ullah, Aman, 2014.
"Nonparametric and semiparametric regressions subject to monotonicity constraints: Estimation and forecasting,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 196-210.
- Tae-Hwy Lee & Yundong Tu & Aman Ullah, 2014. "Nonparametric and Semiparametric Regressions Subject to Monotonicity Constraints: Estimation and Forecasting," Working Papers 201404, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G. & Vouldis, Angelos T. & Konstantakis, Konstantinos N., 2015. "Global approximation to arbitrary cost functions: A Bayesian approach with application to US banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(1), pages 148-160.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & List, John A. & Millimet, Daniel L. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Price, Michael K., 2012.
"Empirical implementation of nonparametric first-price auction models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 17-28.
- Daniel Henderson & John List & Daniel Millimet & Christopher Parmeter & Michael Price, 2011. "Empirical Implementation of Nonparametric First-Price Auction Models," Artefactual Field Experiments 00469, The Field Experiments Website.
- Daniel J. Henderson & John A. List & Daniel L. Millimet & Christopher F. Parmeter & Michael K. Price, 2011. "Empirical Implementation of Nonparametric First-Price Auction Models," NBER Working Papers 17095, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Don Harding, 2010.
"Applying shape and phase restrictions in generalized dynamic categorical models of the business cycle,"
2010.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Don Harding, 2010. "Applying shape and phase restrictions in generalized dynamic categorical models of the business cycle," NCER Working Paper Series 58, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Don Harding, 2010. "Applying Shape and Phase Restrictions in Generalized Dynamic Categorical Models of the Business Cycle," CAMA Working Papers 2010-25, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Don Harding, 2010. "Applying shape and phase restrictions in generalized dynamic categorical models of the business cycle," Working Papers 2010.05, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Tsionas, Euthimios G. & Mamatzakis, Emmanuel C., 2017. "Adjustment costs in the technical efficiency: An application to global banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(2), pages 640-649.
- Yu Zhang & Jingping Gu & Qi Li, 2011. "Nonparametric panel estimation of online auction price processes," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 51-68, February.
- Wenchuan Liu & Yu Zhang & Qi Li, 2015. "A semiparametric varying coefficient model of monotone auction bidding processes," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 313-335, February.
- Wolters, Mark A., 2012. "A particle swarm algorithm with broad applicability in shape-constrained estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 2965-2975.
- Stefan Seifert, 2016. "Semi-Parametric Measures of Scale Characteristics of German Natural Gas-Fired Electricity Generation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1571, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:3:p:1172-1188 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsidentification; concavity; Hessian; constraint weighted bootstrapping; earnings function;
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-04-13 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ORE-2009-04-13 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .