Restricted Least Squares Subject to Monotonicity and Concavity Constraints
Economists have devoted a large research effort to the estimation of cost functions and profit functions. Since the popularization of the dual approach to such functions, econometricians have focussed particularly on methods for fitting functions that satisfy the restrictions implied by optimizing behavior, minimizing costs or maximizing profits. For the most part, researchers have sought simple parametric functional forms that are sufficiently flexible to approximate well all possible functions in the families of cost and profit functions. Given such parametric functions, much of the estimation has followed the method of least squares.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 1995|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 109 McLaughlin Hall, Mail Code 1720, Berkeley, CA 94720-1720|
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/uctc/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Geweke, "undated".
"Posterior Simulators in Econometrics,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 1996
_019, Society for Computational Economics.
- John F. Geweke, 1995. "Posterior simulators in econometrics," Working Papers 555, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- S. M. Goldman & P. A. Ruud, 1993. "Nonparametric Multivariate Regression Subject to Constraint," Econometrics 9311001, EconWPA.
- Goldman, Steven M., 1993. "Nonparametric Multivariate Regression Subject to Constraint," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7r623607, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, W. E., 1973. "Functional forms for profit and transformation functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 284-316, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:uctcwp:qt71z2n16p. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.