The Inefficiency of Regulating a Competitive Industry: Productivity Gains in Trucking Following Reform
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Osborne, Theresa & Pachon, Maria Claudia & Araya, Gonzalo Enrique, 2014. "What drives the high price of road freight transport in Central America ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6844, The World Bank.
- Georges Dionne & Robert Gagné, 1996. "Progrès technique et croissance de la productivité : estimations sur un panel incomplet de firmes ayant des qualités de production différentes," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 126(5), pages 63-76.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigne, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2006.
"How density economies in international transportation link the internal geography of trading partners,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 248-263, September.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl & OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2006. "How density economies in international transportation link the internal geography of trading partners," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1870, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Behrens, Kristian & Carl Gaigne & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2006.
"Is the regulation of the transport sector always detrimental to consumers?,"
CIRJE-F-455, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigné, Carl & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2007. "Is the Regulation of the Transport Sector Always Detrimental to Consumers?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6185, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1992. "Productivity in the Transportation Sector," NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 371-427 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigné, Carl & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2009.
"Industry location and welfare when transport costs are endogenous,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 195-208, March.
- Kristian Behrens & Carl Gaigné & Jacques-François Thisse, 2012. "Industry location and welfare when transport costs are endogenous," Post-Print hal-01208822, HAL.
- Carl Gaigne & Kristian Behrens, 2006.
"Density (dis)economies in transportation: revisiting the core-periphery model,"
AccessEcon, vol. 18(5), pages 1-7.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl, 2006. "Density (dis)economies in transportation: revisiting the core-periphery model," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1944, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lewis, Justin, 2013. "Veiled Waters: Examining the Jones Act's Consumer Welfare Effect," MPRA Paper 51469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Peoples, 2014. "Marcus Alexis and Regulatory Reform in Surface Transportation Industries," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 243-258, September.
- Holmes, Thomas J. & Jr., James A. Schmitz, 2001. "A gain from trade: From unproductive to productive entrepreneurship," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 417-446, April.
- Wilson, Wesley W. & Bitzan, John, 2003. "Industry Costs and Consolidation: Efficiency Gains and Mergers in the Railroad Industry," MPC Report 231700, North Dakota State University, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute.
- McCarthy, Patrick S, 1995. "The 1982 Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA): Implications of relaxed truck weight and size limits for highway safety," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 107-117, April.
- Rich, Daniel P., 2004. "6. Productivity, Technical Change And Labor Relations In Transportation Industries," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 109-135, January.
- Wong, Lawrence, 2001. "Measuring technological change in the U.S. motor carrier industry," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 25-54, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:72:y:1990:i:2:p:191-201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.