Are Credit Unions Too Small?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Leggett, Keith J. & Strand, Robert W., 2002. "Membership growth, multiple membership groups and agency control at credit unions," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 37-46.
- Enno Mammen, "undated".
"Comparing nonparametric versus parametric regression fits,"
Statistic und Oekonometrie
9205, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Hardle, W. & Mammen, E., 1990. "Comparing nonparametric versus parametric regression fits," CORE Discussion Papers 1990065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Smith, Donald J, 1984. "A Theoretic Framework for the Analysis of Credit Union Decision Making," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1155-1168, September.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1982. "Unbiased determination of production technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 285-323, November.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Adam M. Zaretsky, 2003. "Banking antitrust: are the assumptions still valid?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 85(Nov), pages 29-52.
- Scott Frame, W. & Karels, Gordon V. & McClatchey, Christine A., 2003. "Do credit unions use their tax advantage to benefit members? Evidence from a cost function," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 35-47.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2001.
"New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 653-674, June.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1997. "New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks," Working Papers 1997-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Mitchell, Karlyn & Onvural, Nur M, 1996. "Economies of Scale and Scope at Large Commercial Banks: Evidence from the Fourier Flexible Functional Form," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 178-199, May.
- McAllister, Patrick H. & McManus, Douglas, 1993. "Resolving the scale efficiency puzzle in banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 389-405, April.
- Fried, Harold O. & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Eeckaut, Philippe Vanden, 1993.
"Evaluating the performance of US credit unions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 251-265, April.
- FRIED, Harold O. & LOVELL, C.A. Knox & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Evoluating the performance of the US credit unions," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Guilkey, David K & Lovell, C A Knox & Sickles, Robin C, 1983. "A Comparison of the Performance of Three Flexible Functional Forms," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 591-616, October.
- Goddard, John A. & McKillop, Donal G. & Wilson, John O. S., 2002. "The growth of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2327-2356.
- Wheelock, David C & Wilson, Paul W, 1999.
"Technical Progress, Inefficiency, and Productivity Change in U.S. Banking, 1984-1993,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 212-234, May.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1996. "Technical progress, inefficiency and productivity change in U.S. banking, 1984-1993," Working Papers 1994-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2002.
"Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2533-2570, December.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2000. "Does Distance Still Matter? The Information Revolution in Small Business Lending," NBER Working Papers 7685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bauer, Keldon, 2008. "Detecting abnormal credit union performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 573-586, April.
- John R. Walter, "undated". "Not your father's credit union," Economic Quarterly y:2006:i:fall:p:353-377:n, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diego Restrepo-Tobón & Subal Kumbhakar & Kai Sun, 2015. "Obelix vs. Asterix: Size of US commercial banks and its regulatory challenge," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 125-168, October.
- Tarcio Da Silva & Carlos Martins-filho & Eduardo Ribeiro, 2016. "A comparison of nonparametric efficiency estimators: DEA, FDH, DEAC, FDHC, order-m and quantile," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(1), pages 118-131.
- Derek C. Jones & Panu Kalmi, 2012. "Economies of Scale Versus Participation: a Co-operative Dilemma?," Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises, vol. 1(1), pages 37-64, December.
- Regmi, Madhav & Featherstone, Allen Merril, 2018. "Differential Taxation In Agricultural Credit Market," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 266692, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Malikov, Emir & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Sun, Yiguo, 2016.
"Varying coefficient panel data model in the presence of endogenous selectivity and fixed effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 233-251.
- Malikov, Emir & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Sun, Yiguo, 2013. "Varying Coefficient Panel Data Model in the Presence of Endogenous Selectivity and Fixed Effects," MPRA Paper 55993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Ewerhart & Robertas Zubrickas, 2019. "Social preference and group identity in the financial cooperative," ECON - Working Papers 332, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Emir Malikov & Diego A. Restrepo-Tobón & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2018.
"Heterogeneous credit union production technologies with endogenous switching and correlated effects,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(10), pages 1095-1119, November.
- Malikov, Emir & Restrepo-Tobon, Diego A & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2016. "Heterogeneous Credit Union Production Technologies with Endogenous Switching and Correlated Effects," MPRA Paper 71593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schenkel, Andreas, 2016. "Kosten der Compliance-Regulierung: Eine empirische Untersuchung am Beispiel der deutschen Genossenschaftsbanken," Arbeitspapiere 169, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- R. Raymond Sant & Regina W. Schroeder, 2012. "Credit Unions and Capital Adequacy: Managing Growth and Risk," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 2(6), pages 241-255, November.
- John Goddard & Donal Mckillop & John O. S. Wilson, 2014. "U.S. Credit Unions: Survival, Consolidation, And Growth," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 304-319, January.
- Diego A. Restrepo-Tobón & Subal C. Kumbhakar & Kai Sun, 2013. "Are U.S. Commercial Banks Too Big?," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 010943, Universidad EAFIT.
- Diego Restrepo-Tobón & Subal Kumbhakar, 2015. "Nonparametric estimation of returns to scale using input distance functions: an application to large U.S. banks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 143-168, February.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2013. "The evolution of cost-productivity and efficiency among US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 75-88.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:93:y:2011:i:4:p:1343-1359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ann Olson). General contact details of provider: https://www.mitpressjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.