Does the Statutory Overtime Premium Discourage Long Workweeks?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephen J. Trejo, 2003. "Does the Statutory Overtime Premium Discourage Long Workweeks?," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(3), pages 530-551, April.
- Trejo, Stephen J., 1997. "Does the Statutory Overtime Premium Discourage Long Workweeks?," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4c36k4fq, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
References listed on IDEAS
- Trejo, Stephen J, 1991. "The Effects of Overtime Pay Regulation on Worker Compensation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 719-740, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Stephen J. Trejo, 2000.
"The Demand for Hours of Labor: Direct Evidence from California,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 38-47, February.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Stephen J. Trejo, 1997. "The Demand for Hours of Labor: Direct Evidence from California," NBER Working Papers 5973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parks, Richard W., 1980. "On the estimation of multinomial logit models from relative frequency data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 293-303, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- HASEBE Takuya & KONISHI Yoshifumi & SHIN Kong Joo & MANAGI Shunsuke, 2018. "White Collar Exemption: Panacea for long work hours and low earnings?," Discussion papers 18002, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Ronald L. Oaxaca, 2014. "The effect of overtime regulations on employment," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-89, October.
- Pedro S. Martins, 2016.
"Can overtime premium flexibility promote employment? Firm-and worker-level evidence from a labour law reform,"
FEUNL Working Paper Series
wp607, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Pedro S. Martins, 2016. "Can overtime premium flexibility promote employment? Firm- and worker-level evidence from a labour law reform," Working Papers 72, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Martins, Pedro S., 2016. "Can Overtime Premium Flexibility Promote Employment? Firm- and Worker-Level Evidence from a Labour Law Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 10205, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Long-Hwa Chen & Wei-Chung Wang, 2011. "The impact of the overtime policy reform-evidence from the low-paid workers in Taiwan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 75-90.
- Andrew Figura, 2004. "Workweek flexibility and hours variation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-59, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pierre Cahuc & Stéphane Carcillo, 2014.
"The Detaxation of Overtime Hours: Lessons from the French Experiment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 361-400.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Carcillo, Stéphane, 2011. "The Detaxation of Overtime Hours: Lessons from the French Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 8217, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierre Cahuc & Stéphane Carcillo, 2014. "The Detaxation of Overtime Hours: Lessons from the French Experiment," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1aeo7h7o569, Sciences Po.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Carcillo, Stéphane, 2011. "The Detaxation of Overtime Hours: Lessons from the French Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 5439, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kawaguchi, Daiji & Naito, Hisahiro & Yokoyama, Izumi, 2017. "Assessing the effects of reducing standard hours: Regression discontinuity evidence from Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 59-76.
- Alexis Ioannides & Eleni Oxouzi & Stavros Mavroudeas, 2014. "All work and no … pay? Unpaid overtime in Greece: determining factors and theoretical explanations," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 39-55, January.
- Martins, Pedro S., 2017. "Economic effects of overtime premium flexibility: Firm- and worker-level evidence from a law reform," GLO Discussion Paper Series 102, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
More about this item
Keywordscompensating differential; work hours; Overtime;
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-11-05 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.