Does the Color of the Collar Matter? Firm Specific Human Capital and Post-Displacement Outcomes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guido Schwerdt & Andrea Ichino & Oliver Ruf & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer & Josef Zweimüller, 2008. "Does the color of the collar matter? Firm specific human capital and post-displacement outcomes," Economics working papers 2008-09, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Guido Schwerdt & Andrea Ichino & Oliver Ruf & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer & Josef Zweimüller, 2008. "Does the color of the collar matter? Firm specific human capital and post-displacement outcomes," NRN working papers 2008-01, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Schwerdt, Guido, 2011. "Labor turnover before plant closure: "Leaving the sinking ship" vs. "Captain throwing ballast overboard"," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 93-101, January.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Muravyev, Alexander & Razzolini, Tiziano & Zaiceva, Anzelika, 2010. "The Costs of Job Loss in Russia," IZA Discussion Papers 5415, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beartice Brunner & Andreas Kuhn, 2009. "To Shape the Future: How Labor Market Entry Conditions Affect Individuals’s Long-Run Wage Profiles," NRN working papers 2009-29, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Beblavý, Miroslav & Thum, Anna-Elisabeth & Potjagailo, Galina, 2013. "When do adults learn? A cohort analysis of adult education in Europe," CEPS Papers 8059, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Beatrice Brunner & Andreas Kuhn, 2009. "To shape the future: How labor market entry conditions affect individuals' long-run wage profiles," IEW - Working Papers 457, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- H. Lehmann & A. Muravyev & T. Razzolini & A. Zaiceva, 2011.
"The Wage and Non-wage Costs of Displacement: Evidence from Russia,"
wp734, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Alexander Muravyev & Tiziano Razzolini & Anzelika Zaiceva, 2011. "The Wage and Non-wage Costs of Displacement: Evidence from Russia," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 060, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Brunner, Beatrice & Kuhn, Andreas, 2009. "To Shape the Future: How Labor Market Entry Conditions Affect Individuals' Long-Run Wage Profiles," IZA Discussion Papers 4601, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsplant closures; firm specific human capital; matching;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-08-06 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2008-08-06 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .