Job Displacement, Inter-Regional Mobility and Long-Term Earnings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:econom:v:85:y:2018:i:337:p:124-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2008.
"Wages and the Risk of Displacement,"
Research in Labor Economics,in: Work, Earnings and Other Aspects of the Employment Relation, volume 28, pages 251-276
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2003. "Wages and the Risk of Displacement," Working Papers w200310, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro, 2006. "Wages and the Risk of Displacement," IZA Discussion Papers 1926, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro, 2010. "Wages and the risk of displacement," Working Paper Series 1159, European Central Bank.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2003. "Wages and the Risk of Displacement," CEF.UP Working Papers 0308, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- John M. Abowd & Kevin L. McKinney & Lars Vilhuber, 2009. "The Link between Human Capital, Mass Layoffs, and Firm Deaths," NBER Chapters,in: Producer Dynamics: New Evidence from Micro Data, pages 447-472 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen Head & Huw Lloyd-Ellis, 2012.
"Housing Liquidity, Mobility, and the Labour Market,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 79(4), pages 1559-1589.
- Allen Head & Huw Lloyd-Ellis, 2011. "Housing Liquidity, Mobility, and the Labour Market," Working Papers 1197, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Oikarinen, Elias, 2012. "Empirical evidence on the reaction speeds of housing prices and sales to demand shocks," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 41-54.
- Kristiina Huttunen & Jarle Møen & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2018.
"Job Loss and Regional Mobility,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 479-509.
- Huttunen, Kristiina & Møen, Jarle & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2015. "Job Loss and Regional Mobility," Discussion Papers 2015/3, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Huttunen, Kristiina & Møen, Jarle & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2016. "Job Loss and Regional Mobility," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 17/2016, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Huttunen, Kristiina & Moen, Jarle & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2015. "Job Loss and Regional Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 8780, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schwerdt, Guido, 2011.
"Labor turnover before plant closure: "Leaving the sinking ship" vs. "Captain throwing ballast overboard","
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 93-101, January.
- Guido Schwerdt, 2008. "Labor Turnover before Plant Closure: ‘Leaving the Sinking Ship’ vs. ‘Captain Throwing Ballast Overboard’," CESifo Working Paper Series 2252, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pekkala, Sari & Tervo, Hannu, 2002. " Unemployment and Migration: Does Moving Help?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(4), pages 621-639, December.
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1993. "Long-term earnings losses of high-seniority displaced workers," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Nov, pages 2-20.
- Luigi Cannari & Francesco Nucci & Paolo Sestito, 2000. "Geographic labour mobility and the cost of housing: evidence from Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(14), pages 1899-1906.
- Addison, John T & Portugal, Pedro, 1989. "Job Displacement, Relative Wage Changes, and Duration of Unemployment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(3), pages 281-302, July.
- Bernt Bratsberg & OddbjÃ¸rn Raaum & Knut RÃ¸ed, 2018.
"Job Loss and Immigrant Labour Market Performance,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 85(337), pages 124-151, January.
- Bratsberg, Bernt & Raaum, Oddbjørn & Røed, Knut, 2016. "Job Loss and Immigrant Labor Market Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 9729, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bernt Bratsberg & Oddbjørn Raaum & Knut Røed, 2016. "Job Loss and Immigrant Labor Market Performance," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1602, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Jaakko Pehkonen, 2000. "Employment, unemployment and output growth in booms and recessions: time series evidence from Finland, 1970-1996," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 885-900.
- Daniel Fackler & Lisa Rippe, 2016. "Losing Work, Moving away? Regional Mobility after Job Loss," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 861, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Satu Nivalainen, 2004. "Determinants of family migration: short moves vs. long moves," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 157-175, February.
- Boheim, Rene & Taylor, Mark P, 2002. "Tied Down or Rome to Move? Investigating the Relationships between Housing Tenure, Employment Status and Residential Mobility in Britain," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(4), pages 369-392, September.
- Satu Nivalainen, 2005. "Interregional migration and post-move employment in two-earner families: Evidence from Finland," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(7), pages 891-907.
- Anders Boman, 2011. "Does migration pay? Earnings effects of geographic mobility following job displacement," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1369-1384, October.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & McMaster, Ian, 1990. "Regional Migration, Wages and Unemployment: Empirical Evidence and Implications for Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 812-831, October.
- Fackler, Daniel & Rippe, Lisa, 2016. "Losing work, moving away? Regional mobility after job loss," IWH Discussion Papers 26/2016, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Michael Podgursky & Paul Swaim, 1987. "Job Displacement and Earnings Loss: Evidence from the Displaced Worker Survey," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(1), pages 17-29, October.
More about this item
Keywordsunemployment; job displacement; migration; earnings; employment;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2018-08-27 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2018-08-27 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2018-08-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.