Does the color of the collar matter? Firm specific human capital and post-displacement outcomes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guido Schwerdt & Andrea Ichino & Oliver Ruf & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer & Josef Zweimüller, 2008. "Does the color of the collar matter? Firm specific human capital and post-displacement outcomes," Economics working papers 2008-09, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Schwerdt, Guido & Ichino, Andrea & Ruf, Oliver & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimüller, Josef, 2008. "Does the Color of the Collar Matter? Firm Specific Human Capital and Post-Displacement Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 3617, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Schwerdt, Guido, 2011. "Labor turnover before plant closure: "Leaving the sinking ship" vs. "Captain throwing ballast overboard"," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 93-101, January.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Muravyev, Alexander & Razzolini, Tiziano & Zaiceva, Anzelika, 2010. "The Costs of Job Loss in Russia," IZA Discussion Papers 5415, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beartice Brunner & Andreas Kuhn, 2009. "To Shape the Future: How Labor Market Entry Conditions Affect Individuals’s Long-Run Wage Profiles," NRN working papers 2009-29, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Beblavý, Miroslav & Thum, Anna-Elisabeth & Potjagailo, Galina, 2013. "When do adults learn? A cohort analysis of adult education in Europe," CEPS Papers 8059, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Beatrice Brunner & Andreas Kuhn, 2009. "To shape the future: How labor market entry conditions affect individuals' long-run wage profiles," IEW - Working Papers 457, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- H. Lehmann & A. Muravyev & T. Razzolini & A. Zaiceva, 2011.
"The Wage and Non-wage Costs of Displacement: Evidence from Russia,"
wp734, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Alexander Muravyev & Tiziano Razzolini & Anzelika Zaiceva, 2011. "The Wage and Non-wage Costs of Displacement: Evidence from Russia," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 060, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Brunner, Beatrice & Kuhn, Andreas, 2009. "To Shape the Future: How Labor Market Entry Conditions Affect Individuals' Long-Run Wage Profiles," IZA Discussion Papers 4601, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsFirm Specific Human Capital; Plant Closures; Matching;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-09-29 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2008-09-29 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2008-09-29 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:nrnwps:2008_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aclawat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.