Cross-National Surveys of Learning Achievement: How Robust are the Findings?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin Denny, 2002.
"New methods for comparing literacy across populations: insights from the measurement of poverty,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 165(3), pages 481-493.
- Denny, K., 2000. "New methods for Comparing Literacy across Populations: Insights from the Measurement of Poverty," Papers 00/07, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Kevin Denny, 2000. "New methods for comparing literacy across populations : insights from the measurement of poverty," Open Access publications 10197/734, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Kevin Denny, 2000. "New methods for comparing literacy across populations : insights from the measurement of poverty," Working Papers 200007, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Kevin Denny, 2000. "New methods for comparing literacy across populations: insights from the measurement of poverty," IFS Working Papers W00/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ludger Woesmann, 2003.
"Schooling Resources, Educational Institutions and Student Performance: the International Evidence,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(2), pages 117-170, May.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2000. "Schooling Resources, Educational Institutions, and Student Performance: The International Evidence," Kiel Working Papers 983, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2003. "Schooling resources, educational institutions and student performance: The international evidence," Munich Reprints in Economics 19661, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke V., 2004. "Educational Achievement in English-Speaking Countries: Do Different Surveys Tell the Same Story?," IZA Discussion Papers 1186, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Equivalence Scale Relativities and the Extent of Inequality and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1067-1082, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicole Schneeweis, 2006. "How should we organize schooling to further children with migration background?," Economics working papers 2006-20, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Giorgio Brunello & Daniele Checchi, 2007.
"Does school tracking affect equality of opportunity? New international evidence,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 781-861, October.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Checchi, Daniele, 2006. "Does School Tracking Affect Equality of Opportunity? New International Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 2348, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniele Checchi & Giorgio Brunello, 2006. "Does School Tracking Affect Equality of Opportunity? New International Evidence," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1044, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Takii, Katsuya & Tanaka, Ryuichi, 2009.
"Does the diversity of human capital increase GDP? A comparison of education systems,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 998-1007, August.
- Katsuya Takii & Ryuichi Tanaka, 2006. "Does the Diversity of Human Capital Increase GDP? A Comparison of Education Systems," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-19, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Nadir ALTINOK, 2015.
"Une éducation pour tous de qualité: une analyse statistique sur les pays d'Afrique sub-saharienne,"
Economies et Sociétés (Serie 'Histoire Economique Quantitative'),
Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), issue 50, pages 919-950, Juin.
- Nadir Altinok, 2015. "Une éducation pour tous de qualité : une analyse statistique sur les pays d’Afrique subsaharienne," Working Papers of BETA 2015-27, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Maciej Jakubowski & Artur Pokropek, 2011. "Measuring progress in reading achievement between primary and secondary school across countries," Working Papers 2011-20, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Nicole Schneeweis, 2011. "Educational institutions and the integration of migrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1281-1308, October.
More about this item
KeywordsTIMSS; test scores; IALS; educational achievement; PISA; PIRLS;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.