The Effect of Employment Protection on Firms' Worker Selection
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olsson, Martin, 2009. "Employment protection and sickness absence," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 208-214, April.
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus & Skedinger, Per, 2018. "Does Job Security Hamper Employment Prospects?," Working Paper Series 1255, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Adriana D. Kugler & Gilles Saint-Paul, 2004. "How Do Firing Costs Affect Worker Flows in a World with Adverse Selection?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 553-584, July.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:157:y:2018:i:c:p:138-157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus, 2018.
"Employment protection and labor productivity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 138-157.
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus, 2013. "The Effect of Employment Protection Rules on Firm Productivity - A Natural Experiment," HUI Working Papers 82, HUI Research, revised 30 Oct 2013.
- Bjuggren, Carl Magnus, 2015. "Employment Protection and Labor Productivity," Working Paper Series 1061, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 30 Nov 2017.
More about this item
Keywordsworker selection; screening; hiring standard; employment protection; dismissal costs;
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2019-05-06 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LMA-2019-05-06 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp12305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.