Opting out of Workers' Compensation: Non-Subscription in Texas and Its Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Belloni & Victor Chernozhukov & Christian Hansen, 2014. "Inference on Treatment Effects after Selection among High-Dimensional Controlsâ€," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 81(2), pages 608-650.
- Alison Morantz, 2010. "Opting Out of Workers' Compensation in Texas: A Survey of Large, Multistate Nonsubscribers," NBER Chapters, in: Regulation vs. Litigation: Perspectives from Economics and Law, pages 197-238, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krueger, Alan B., 1990.
"Incentive effects of workers' compensation insurance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 73-99, February.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1989. "Incentive Effects of Workers' Compensation Insurance," NBER Working Papers 3089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsworkers' compensation insurance; non-subscription; difference-in-differences; triple differences; machine learning; PDS-LASSO;
- C54 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Quantitative Policy Modeling
- C55 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Large Data Sets: Modeling and Analysis
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2019-05-06 (Big Data)
- NEP-HEA-2019-05-06 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2019-05-06 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-IAS-2019-05-06 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2019-05-06 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp12290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.