Marshallian vs Jacobs Effects: Which One Is Stronger? Evidence for Russia Unemployment Dynamics
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Demidova, Olga & Kolyagina, Alena & Pastore, Francesco, 2019. "Marshallian vs Jacobs effects: which one is stronger? Evidence for Russia unemployment dynamics," GLO Discussion Paper Series 302, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
References listed on IDEAS
- Abraham, Katharine G & Katz, Lawrence F, 1986.
"Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 507-522, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Lawrence F. Katz, 1984. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," NBER Working Papers 1410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abraham, Katharine G. & Katz, Lawrence F., 1986. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," Scholarly Articles 3442781, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lucie Samson, 1985. "A Study of the Impact of Sectoral Shifts on Aggregate Unemployment in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 518-530, August.
- Anna Maria Ferragina & Francesco Pastore, 2008. "Mind The Gap: Unemployment In The New Eu Regions," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 73-113, February.
- Molho, Ian, 1995. "Migrant Inertia, Accessibility and Local Unemployment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(245), pages 123-132, February.
- Henry G. Overman & Diego Puga, 2002.
"Unemployment clusters across Europe's regions and countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(34), pages 115-148, April.
- Diego Puga, 1999. "Unemployment clusters across Europe's regions and countries," Working Papers dpuga-99-03, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Henry Overman & Diego Puga, 1999. "Unemployment Clusters Across European Regions and Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0434, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Overman, Henry G. & Puga, Diego, 1999. "Unemployment clusters across European regions and countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20211, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Overman, Henry G & Puga, Diego, 1999. "Unemployment Clusters Across European Regions and Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 2255, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raffaele Paci & Stefano Usai, 2008. "Agglomeration economies, spatial dependence and local industry growth," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(3), pages 87-109.
- Andrew Newell & Francesco Pastore, 2006.
"Regional Unemployment and Industrial Restructuring in Poland,"
Eastern European Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 5-28, May.
- Andrew Newell & Francesco Pastore, 2000. "Regional Unemployment and Industrial Restructuring in Poland," CELPE Discussion Papers 51, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Newell, Andrew T. & Pastore, Francesco, 2000. "Regional Unemployment and Industrial Restructuring in Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 194, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Beaudry, Catherine & Schiffauerova, Andrea, 2009. "Who's right, Marshall or Jacobs? The localization versus urbanization debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 318-337, March.
- Mikhailova, Tatiana, 2017. "Joint Localization of Different Branches of Russian Industry," Working Papers 041721, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Chiarini, Bruno & Piselli, Paolo, 2000. "Unemployment, Wage Pressure and Sectoral Shifts: Permanent and Temporary Consequences of Intersectoral Shocks," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 777-799, December.
- Ellison, Glenn & Glaeser, Edward L, 1997.
"Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 889-927, October.
- Ellison, G. & Glaeser, E.L., 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," Working papers 94-27, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," NBER Working Papers 4840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Basile & Alessandro Girardi & Marianna Mantuano & Francesco Pastore, 2012.
"Sectoral shifts, diversification and regional unemployment: evidence from local labour systems in Italy,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 525-544, November.
- Basile, Roberto & Girardi, Alessandro & Mantuano, Marianna & Pastore, Francesco, 2011. "Sectoral Shifts, Diversification and Regional Unemployment: Evidence from Local Labour Systems in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 6197, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Roberto Basile & Alessandro Girardi & Marianna Mantuano & Francesco Pastore, 2011. "Sectoral Shifts, Diversification and Regional Unemployment. Evidence From Local Labour Systems in Italy," WIFO Working Papers 411, WIFO.
- Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2004. "Agglomeration economies and industrial location: city-level evidence," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(5), pages 565-582, November.
- James K. Galbraith & Ludmila Krytynskaia & Qifei Wang, 2004. "The Experience of Rising Inequality in Russia and China during the Transition," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 1(1), pages 87-106, June.
- J. Paul Elhorst, 2003. "The Mystery of Regional Unemployment Differentials: Theoretical and Empirical Explanations," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 709-748, December.
- Simon, Curtis J & Nardinelli, Clark, 1992. "Does Industrial Diversity Always Reduce Unemployment? Evidence from the Great Depression and After," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(2), pages 384-397, April.
- Lilien, David M, 1982. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 777-793, August.
- Curtis J. Simon, 1988. "Frictional Unemployment and the Role of Industrial Diversity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(4), pages 715-728.
- Francesca Mameli & Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2008. "Employment Growth in Italian Local Labour Systems: Issues of Model Specification and Sectoral Aggregation," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 343-360.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Patrick Paul Walsh, 1999. "Gradual restructuring and Structural Unemployment in Poland. A Legacy of Central Planning," LICOS Discussion Papers 7899, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- George R. Neumann & Robert H. Topel, 1991. "Employment Risk, Diversification, and Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1341-1365.
- Martin Robson, 2009. "Structural change, specialization and regional labour market performance: evidence for the UK," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 275-293.
- Forni, Mario & Paba, Sergio, 2002. "Spillovers and the Growth of Local Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 151-171, June.
- Svetlana N. RASTVORTSEVA & Anna S. CHENTSOVA, 2015. "Regional Specialization And Geographical Concentration Of Industry In Russia," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 97-106, December.
More about this item
Keywordsconcentration; diversification; unemployment; spatial effects; nonparametric models;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2019-02-04 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-GEO-2019-02-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2019-02-04 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2019-02-04 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2019-02-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp12042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.