Primum vivere . . . industrial change, job destruction and the geographical distribution of unemployment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mussida, Chiara & Pastore, Francesco, 2012. "Is There a Southern-Sclerosis? Worker Reallocation and Regional Unemployment in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 6954, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Annekatrin Niebuhr & Nadia Granato & Anette Haas & Silke Hamann, 2012.
"Does Labour Mobility Reduce Disparities between Regional Labour Markets in Germany?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 841-858, September.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Granato, Nadia & Haas, Anette & Hamann, Silke, 2009. "Does labour mobility reduce disparities between regional labour markets in Germany?," IAB Discussion Paper 200915, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore, 2010. "Structural Change and Labour Reallocation Across Regions: A Review of the Literature," AIEL Series in Labour Economics,in: Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore (ed.), The Labour Market Impact of the EU Enlargement. A New Regional Geography of Europe?, edition 1, chapter 2, pages 17-47 AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro.
- Stefan Eriksson & Jonas Lagerström, 2006.
"Competition between Employed and Unemployed Job Applicants: Swedish Evidence,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 108(3), pages 373-396, October.
- Eriksson, Stefan & Lagerström, Jonas, 2004. "Competition between employed and unemployed job applicants: Swedish evidence," Working Paper Series 2004:2, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Anna Maria Ferragina & Francesco Pastore, 2008. "Mind The Gap: Unemployment In The New Eu Regions," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 73-113, February.
- Luca Barbone & Domenico J. Marchetti & Stefano Paternostro, 1999. "The early stages of reform in Polish manufacturing," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 157-177, March.
- Mario Fortin & Abdelkrim Araar, 1997.
"Sectoral shifts, stock market dispersion and unemployment in Canada,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 829-839.
- Fortin, M. & Abdelkrim, A., 1993. "Sectoral Shifts, Stock Market Dispersion and Unemployment in Canada," Cahiers de recherche 93-05, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Boeri, Tito, 2000. "Structural Change, Welfare Systems, and Labour Reallocation: Lessons from the Transition of Formerly Planned Economies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293651.
- Andrew Newell & Francesco Pastore, 2006.
"Regional Unemployment and Industrial Restructuring in Poland,"
Eastern European Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 5-28, May.
- Andrew Newell & Francesco Pastore, 2000. "Regional Unemployment and Industrial Restructuring in Poland," CELPE Discussion Papers 51, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Newell, Andrew T. & Pastore, Francesco, 2000. "Regional Unemployment and Industrial Restructuring in Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 194, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pastore, Francesco & Tyrowicz, Joanna, 2012. "Labour Turnover and the Spatial Distribution of Unemployment: A Panel Data Analysis Using Employment Registry Data," IZA Discussion Papers 7074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- van Ours, Jan C., 1995. "An empirical note on employed and unemployed job search," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 447-452, October.
- Chiarini, Bruno & Piselli, Paolo, 2000. "Unemployment, Wage Pressure and Sectoral Shifts: Permanent and Temporary Consequences of Intersectoral Shocks," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 777-799, December.
- Roberto Basile & Alessandro Girardi & Marianna Mantuano & Francesco Pastore, 2012.
"Sectoral shifts, diversification and regional unemployment: evidence from local labour systems in Italy,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 525-544, November.
- Basile, Roberto & Girardi, Alessandro & Mantuano, Marianna & Pastore, Francesco, 2011. "Sectoral Shifts, Diversification and Regional Unemployment: Evidence from Local Labour Systems in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 6197, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roberto Basile & Alessandro Girardi & Marianna Mantuano & Francesco Pastore, 2011. "Sectoral Shifts, Diversification and Regional Unemployment. Evidence From Local Labour Systems in Italy," WIFO Working Papers 411, WIFO.
- Bernard Funck & Lodovico Pizzati, 2002. "Labor, Employment, and Social Policies in the EU Enlargement Process : Changing Perspectives and Policy Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15235, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Pastore & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2013. "Polish high unemployment and spatial labor turnover. Insights from panel data analysis using unemployment registry data," Working Papers 2013-18, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- F. Pastore, 2015. "The Mezzogiorno and Crisis after Market and State Failures. A Review of Economic Literature," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3-4, pages 525-582.
- Carolina Fugazza, 2018. "Anatomy of Unemployment Risk," Working papers 048, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Enrico MARELLI & Elena VAKULENKO, 2014.
"Youth Unemployment in Italy and Russia: Aggregate Trends and the Role of Individual Determinants,"
Working papers of the Department of Economics - University of Perugia (IT)
0001/2014, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Enrico Marelli & Elena S. Vakulenko, 2014. "Youth Unemployment In Italy And Russia: Aggregate Trends And The Role Of Individual Determinants," HSE Working papers WP BRP 74/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Enrico Marelli & Elena Vakulenko, 2015. "Youth unemployment in Italy and Russia: Aggregate trends and the role of individual determinants," Discussion Papers 3_2015, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
More about this item
KeywordsStructural change; Labour turnover; Regional unemployment; New Economic Geography; EU Regional policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:izaels:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:1-15:10.1186/2193-9012-1-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.