Information Sharing and Cooperative Search in Fisheries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Keith Evans & Quinn Weninger, 2014. "Information Sharing and Cooperative Search in Fisheries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(3), pages 353-372, July.
- Evans, Keith S. & Weninger, Quinn, 2010. "Information Sharing and Cooperative Search in Fisheries," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31606, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey Carpenter & Erika Seki, 2011.
"Do Social Preferences Increase Productivity? Field Experimental Evidence From Fishermen In Toyama Bay,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(2), pages 612-630, April.
- Jeffrey Carpenter & Erika Seki, 2005. "Do Social PreferencesIncrease Productivity? Field experimental evidence from fishermen in Toyoma Bay," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0515, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Carpenter, Jeffrey P. & Seki, Erika, 2005. "Do Social Preferences Increase Productivity? Field Experimental Evidence from Fishermen in Toyama Bay," IZA Discussion Papers 1697, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Morris, Stephen, 1995. "The Common Prior Assumption in Economic Theory," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 227-253, October.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Heintzelman, Martin D. & Salant, Stephen W. & Schott, Stephan, 2009.
"Putting free-riding to work: A Partnership Solution to the common-property problem,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 309-320, May.
- Heintzelman, Martin & Salant, Stephen W. & Schott, Stephan, 2008. "Putting Free-Riding to Work: A Partnership Solution to the Common-Property Problem," MPRA Paper 9804, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilman, Eric L. & Dalzell, Paul & Martin, Sean, 2006. "Fleet communication to abate fisheries bycatch," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 360-366, July.
- Holland, Daniel S. & Jannot, Jason E., 2012. "Bycatch risk pools for the US West Coast Groundfish Fishery," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 132-147.
- Marcoul, Philippe & Weninger, Quinn, 2008.
"Search and active learning with correlated information: Empirical evidence from mid-Atlantic clam fishermen,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1921-1948, June.
- Marcoul, Philippe & Weninger, Quinn, 2008. "Search and Active Learning with Correlated Information: Empirical Evidence from Mid-Atlantic Clam Fishermen," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11601, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Marcoul, Philippe & Weninger, Quinn, 2008. "Search and active learning with correlated information: Empirical evidence from mid-Atlantic clam fishermen," ISU General Staff Papers 200806010700001485, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Criddle, Keith R. & Macinko, Seth, 2000. "A requiem for the IFQ in US fisheries?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 461-469, November.
- McConnell, Kenneth E. & Price, Michael, 2006. "The lay system in commercial fisheries: Origin and implications," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 295-307, May.
- Lynham, John, 2006. "Schools of Fishermen: A Theory of Information Sharing in Spatial Search," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21442, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Deacon, Robert T & Costello, Christopher J & Parker, Dominic P, 2008. "A Model of Fishery Harvests with a Voluntary Co-op," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt5hf9269r, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Kitts, Andrew W. & Edwards, Steven F., 2003. "Cooperatives in US fisheries: realizing the potential of the fishermen's collective marketing act," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 357-366, September.
- James A. Wilson, 1990. "Fishing for Knowledge," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 12-29.
- Gaspart, Frederic & Seki, Erika, 2003. "Cooperation, status seeking and competitive behaviour: theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 51-77, May.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Costello, Christopher & Polasky, Stephen, 2008. "Optimal harvesting of stochastic spatial resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Haynie, Alan C. & Hicks, Robert L. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2009.
"Common property, information, and cooperation: Commercial fishing in the Bering Sea,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 406-413, December.
- Robert H. Hicks & Alan C. Haynie & Kurt E. Schnier, 2008. "Common Property, Information, and Cooperation: Commercial Fishing in the Bering Sea," Working Papers 80, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Martin D. Smith, 2000. "Spatial Search and Fishing Location Choice: Methodological Challenges of Empirical Modeling," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1198-1206.
- Holland, D.S., 2010. "Markets, pooling and insurance for managing bycatch in fisheries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 121-133, November.
- Costello, Christopher J & Deacon, Robert T, 2007. "The Efficiency Gains from Fully Delineating Rights in an ITQ Fishery," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt56n8x9qb, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Joshua K. Abbott & James E. Wilen, 2010. "Voluntary Cooperation in the Commons? Evaluating the Sea State Program with Reduced Form and Structural Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(1), pages 131-154.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolas Sanz & Bassirou Diop, 2015. "A search-matching model of fisheries," Working Papers hal-01228851, HAL.
- Barnes, Michele L. & Arita, Shawn & Kalberg, Kolter & Leung, PingSun, 2017. "When does it pay to cooperate? Strategic information exchange in the harvest of common-pool fishery resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 1-11.
- Ronald G. Felthoven & Jean Lee & Kurt E. Schnier, 2014. "Cooperative Formation and Peer Effects in Fisheries," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 133-156.
More about this item
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genstf:201406010700001253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.