Schools of Fishermen: A Theory of Information Sharing in Spatial Search
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Carpenter & Erika Seki, 2011.
"Do Social Preferences Increase Productivity? Field Experimental Evidence From Fishermen In Toyama Bay,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(2), pages 612-630, April.
- Jeffrey Carpenter & Erika Seki, 2005. "Do Social PreferencesIncrease Productivity? Field experimental evidence from fishermen in Toyoma Bay," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0515, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Carpenter, Jeffrey P. & Seki, Erika, 2005. "Do Social Preferences Increase Productivity? Field Experimental Evidence from Fishermen in Toyama Bay," IZA Discussion Papers 1697, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Seki, E. & Platteau, J.P., 1998. "Coordination and Pooling Arrangements in Japanese Coastal Fisheries," Papers 208, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 1999. "Bioeconomics of Spatial Exploitation in a Patchy Environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 129-150, March.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Keith Evans & Quinn Weninger, 2014.
"Information Sharing and Cooperative Search in Fisheries,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(3), pages 353-372, July.
- Evans, Keith S. & Weninger, Quinn, 2010. "Information Sharing and Cooperative Search in Fisheries," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31606, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Evans, Keith S. & Weninger, Quinn, 2014. "Information Sharing and Cooperative Search in Fisheries," ISU General Staff Papers 201406010700001253, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Julio Peña Torres & Mabyr Valderrama, 2008. "Fishing Location decisions in the Chilean-Transzonal Jack Mackerel Fishery," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv217, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Deacon, Robert T & Costello, Christopher J, 2007. "Strategies for Enhancing Rent Capture in ITQ Fisheries," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4104b329, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Costello, Christopher J & Deacon, Robert T, 2007. "The Efficiency Gains from Fully Delineating Rights in an ITQ Fishery," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt56n8x9qb, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
More about this item
KeywordsResource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .