An Examination of Profit Inefficiency of Rice Farmers in Northern Ghana
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Abdulai, Awudu & Huffman, Wallace, 1998. "An Examination of Profit Inefficiency of Rice Farmers in Northern Ghana," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1380, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Evenson, Robert E., 1994. "Efficiency in agricultural production: The case of peasant farmers in eastern Paraguay," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 27-37, January.
- Lipton, Michael, 1988. "The place of agricultural research in the development of sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(10), pages 1231-1257, October.
- Huffman, Wallace E, 1980.
"Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 14-23, February.
- Huffman, Wallace, 1980. "Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10973, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lopez, Ramon E, 1985. "Structural Implications of a Class of Flexible Functional Forms for Profit Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(3), pages 593-601, October.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Bhattacharyya, Arunava, 1992. "Price Distortions and Resource-Use Efficiency in Indian Agriculture: A Restricted Profit Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 231-239, May.
- Surjit S. Sidhu & Carlos A. Baanante, 1981. "Estimating Farm-Level Input Demand and Wheat Supply in the Indian Punjab Using a Translog Profit Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(2), pages 237-246.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Kimseyinga Savadogo & Thomas Reardon & Kyosti Pietola, 1994. "Farm Productivity in Burkina Faso: Effects of Animal Traction and Nonfarm Income," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 608-612.
- T.S. Jayne & Thomas Reardon & Yougesh Khatri & Colin Thirtle, 1994. "Determinants of Productivity Change Using a Profit Function: Smallholder Agriculture in Zimbabwe," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 613-618.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September.
- Kalirajan, K P, 1990. "On Measuring Economic Efficiency," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 75-85, January-M.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Mubarik Ali & John C. Flinn, 1989. "Profit Efficiency Among Basmati Rice Producers in Pakistan Punjab," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 303-310.
- Weissman, Stephen R., 1990. "Structural adjustment in Africa: Insights from the experiences of Ghana and Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(12), pages 1621-1634, December.
- Wallace E. Huffman, 1977. "Allocative Efficiency: The Role of Human Capital," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 59-79.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maina, Florence Wanjiru & Mburu, John & Gitau, George Karuoya & Van Leeuwen, John, 2018. "Assessing The Economic Efficiency Of Milk Production Among Small-Scale Dairy Farmers In Mukurweini Sub-County, Nyeri County, Kenya," Dissertations and Theses 280032, University of Nairobi, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Fatima, Hina & Shaheen, Sania & Almas, Lal & Vestal, Mallory & Haroon, Sehrish, 2018. "Production Efficiency Analysis between Transplanting and Direct Seeded Rice Producers in Punjab, Pakistan," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 267162, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Chaovanapoonphol, Yaovarate & Battese, George E. & Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie), 2005. "The Impact of Rural Financial Services on the Technical Efficiency of Rice Farmers in the Upper North of Thailand," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137811, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Thiam, Abdourahmane & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rivas, Teodoro E., 2001. "Technical efficiency in developing country agriculture: a meta-analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 235-243, September.
- DZIWORNU, Raymond K. & SARPONG, Daniel B., 2014. "Application Of The Stochastic Profit Frontier Model To Estimate Economic Efficiency In Small-Scale Broiler Production In The Greater Accra Region Of Ghana," Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, vol. 17(2), pages 1-7, September.
- Orefi Abu & Johann Kirsten, 2009. "Profit efficiency of small- and medium-scale maize milling enterprises in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 353-368.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genstf:199801010800001295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .