Separation and Volatility of Locational Marginal Prices in Restructured Wholesale Power Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Junjie Sun & Leigh Tesfatsion, 2007.
"Dynamic Testing of Wholesale Power Market Designs: An Open-Source Agent-Based Framework,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 291-327, October.
- Sun, Junjie & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2006. "Dynamic Testing of Wholesale Power Market Designs: An Open-Source Agent-Based Framework," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12649, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2006.
"Markets for Power in the United States: An Interim Assessment,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-36.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2005. "Markets For Power In The United States - An Interim Assessment," Working Papers 0512, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Somani, Abhishek & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2008. "An Agent-Based Test Bed Study of Wholesale Power Market Performance Measures," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12977, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Hongyan & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2009. "Capacity Withholding in Restructured Wholesale Power Markets: An Agent-Based Test Bed Study," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13070, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Augusto Rupérez Micola, 2010.
"Are Agent-based Simulations Robust? The Wholesale Electricity Trading Case,"
443, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Augusto Rupérez-Micola, 2010. "Are agent-based simulations robust? The wholesale electricity trading case," Economics Working Papers 1214, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Li, Hongyan & Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2012.
"Co-learning patterns as emergent market phenomena: An electricity market illustration,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 395-419.
- Li, Hongyan & Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2010. "Co-Learning Patterns As Emergent Market Phenomena: An Electricity Market Illustration," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32222, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Young, David & Poletti, Stephen & Browne, Oliver, 2014. "Can agent-based models forecast spot prices in electricity markets? Evidence from the New Zealand electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 419-434.
More about this item
KeywordsRestructured wholesale power markets; multi-agent learning; demand-bid price sensitivity; AMES Wholesale Power Market Test Bed; agent-based modeling; locational marginal prices (LMPs); LMP separation; LMP volatility; supply-offer price caps;
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:13075. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .