Separation and Volatility of Locational Marginal Prices in Restructured Wholesale Power Markets
This study uses an agent-based test bed ("AMES") to investigate separation and volatility of locational marginal prices (LMPs) in an ISO-managed restructured wholesale power market operating over an AC transmission grid. Particular attention is focused on the dynamic and cross-sectional response of LMPs to systematic changes in demand-bid price sensitivities and supply-offer price cap levels under varied learning specifications for the generation companies. Also explored is the extent to which the supply offers of the marginal (price-determining) generation companies induce correlations among neighboring LMPs. Related work can be accessed at: http://www.econ.iastate.edu/tesfatsi/AMESMarketHome.htm
|Date of creation:||09 Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Junjie Sun & Leigh Tesfatsion, 2007.
"Dynamic Testing of Wholesale Power Market Designs: An Open-Source Agent-Based Framework,"
Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 291-327, October.
- Sun, Junjie & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2006. "Dynamic Testing of Wholesale Power Market Designs: An Open-Source Agent-Based Framework," Staff General Research Papers 12649, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Somani, Abhishek & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2008. "An Agent-Based Test Bed Study of Wholesale Power Market Performance Measures," Staff General Research Papers 12977, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2006.
"Markets for Power in the United States: An Interim Assessment,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-36.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2005. "Markets For Power In The United States - An Interim Assessment," Working Papers 0512, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Li, Hongyan & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2009. "Capacity Withholding in Restructured Wholesale Power Markets: An Agent-Based Test Bed Study," Staff General Research Papers 13070, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:13075. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.