Law and Order Efficiency Measurement – A Literature Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Non-parametric approaches to education and health efficiency in OECD countries," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 227-246, November.
- Messick, Richard E, 1999. "Judicial Reform and Economic Development: A Survey of the Issues," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 117-136, February.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"Courts: the Lex Mundi Project,"
NBER Working Papers
8890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, S. & La Porta, R. & Lopez-de-Silanes, F. & Shleifer, Andrei, 2003. "Courts: the Lex Mundi Project," Scholarly Articles 29408123, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael Porta & Florencio de & Andrei Shleifer, 2002. "Courts: The Lex Mundi Project," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm277, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Nov 2003.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2002. "Courts: The Lex Mundi project," CEPR Discussion Papers 3344, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002. "Courts: The Lex Mundi Project," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1951, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Afonso, Antonio & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2006.
"Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: A semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 476-491, May.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Cross-country Efficiency of Secondary Education Provision: a Semi-parametric Analysis with Nondiscretionary Inputs," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2005. "Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: a semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs," Working Paper Series 494, European Central Bank.
- Martin Schneider, 2005. "Judicial Career Incentives and Court Performance: An Empirical Study of the German Labour Courts of Appeal," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 127-144, September.
- Amor Diez-Ticio & Maria-Jesus Mancebon, 2002.
"The efficiency of the Spanish police service: an application of the multiactivity DEA model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 351-362.
- Ticio, A.D. & Mancebon, M.J. & Molinero, C.M., 2000. "The Efficiency of the Spanish Policy Service: an Application of the Multiactivity DEA Model," Papers 00-154, University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science.
- Grosskopf, S. & Hayes, K. & Hirschberg, J., 1995. "Fiscal stress and the production of public safety: A distance function approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 277-296, June.
- Leigh Drake & Richard Simper, 2002. "X-efficiency and scale economies in policing: a comparative study using the distribution free approach and DEA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(15), pages 1859-1870.
- Leigh Drake & Richard Simper, 2001. "The Economic Evaluation of Policing Activity: An Application of a Hybrid Methodology," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 173-192, November.
- repec:ags:jaecon:37107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lewin, Arie Y & Morey, Richard C & Cook, Thomas J, 1982. "Evaluating the administrative efficiency of courts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 401-411.
- Levine, Ross, 1998.
"The Legal Environment, Banks, and Long-Run Economic Growth,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 596-613, August.
- Ross Levine, 1998. "The legal environment, banks, and long-run economic growth," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 596-620.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bruno De Borger & Tom Van Puyenbroeck, 2004.
"Nonparametric tests of optimizing behavior in public service provision: Methodology and an application to local safety,"
Public Economics Working Paper Series
ces0416, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- CHERCHYE, Laurens & DE BORGER, Bruno & VAN PUYENBROECK, Tom, 2005. "Nonparametric tests of optimizing behavior in public service provision: Methodology and an application to local safety," Working Papers 2005002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Beenstock, Michael & Haitovsky, Yoel, 2004. "Does the appointment of judges increase the output of the judiciary?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 351-369, September.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, October.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 1995. "Assessing police forces in England and Wales using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 641-657, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wojciech Major, 2015. "Data Envelopment Analysis as an instrument for measuring the efficiency of courts," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 4, pages 19-34.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:138:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1682-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Peyrache & Angelo Zago, 2012. "Large Courts, Small Justice! The inefficiency and the optimal structure of the Italian Justice Sector," CEPA Working Papers Series WP062012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Roberto Ippoliti, 2015. "La riforma della geografia giudiziaria: efficienza tecnica e domanda di giustizia," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(2), pages 91-124.
- António Afonso & Alma Romero & Emma Monsalve, 2013. "Public sector efficiency: evidence for Latin America," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/20, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Marques, Rui & Simões, Pedro, 2009. "How far are Portuguese prisons inefficient? A non-parametric approach," MPRA Paper 19565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ippoliti, Roberto, 2014. "Efficienza Tecnica e Geografia Giudiziaria," POLIS Working Papers 178, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
More about this item
Keywordsefficiency measurement; law and economics; government expenditures.;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- H59 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2008-05-10 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-LAW-2008-05-10 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp192008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .