Analysis of relationship between efficiency of justice services and salaries of judges with two-stage DEA method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuri Suarez Dillon Soares & Maria Michaela Sviatschi, 2010. "The Impact of Modernization of Justice on Court Efficiency in Costa Rica," OVE Working Papers 0610, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Afonso, Antonio & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2006.
"Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: A semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 476-491, May.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Cross-country Efficiency of Secondary Education Provision: a Semi-parametric Analysis with Nondiscretionary Inputs," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2005. "Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: a semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs," Working Paper Series 494, European Central Bank.
- Martin Schneider, 2005. "Judicial Career Incentives and Court Performance: An Empirical Study of the German Labour Courts of Appeal," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 127-144, September.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Buscaglia, Edgardo & Ulen, Thomas, 1997. "A quantitative assessment of the efficiency of the judicial sector in Latin America," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 275-291, June.
- Lewin, Arie Y & Morey, Richard C & Cook, Thomas J, 1982. "Evaluating the administrative efficiency of courts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 401-411.
- Michael Gorman & John Ruggiero, 2009. "Evaluating U.S. judicial district prosecutor performance using DEA: are disadvantaged counties more inefficient?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 275-283, June.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Virginia Rosales-López, 2008. "Economics of court performance: an empirical analysis," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 231-251, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:79:y:2018:i:c:p:43-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samantha Bielen & Wim Marneffe & Peter Grajzl & Valentina Dimitrova-Grajzl, 2016. "The Duration of Judicial Deliberation: Evidence from Belgium," CESifo Working Paper Series 5947, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stefan Voigt, 2016. "Determinants of judicial efficiency: a survey," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 183-208, October.
- Roberto Ippoliti, 2014. "La competitività del mercato forense e l’efficienza giudiziaria," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 53-90.
- repec:kap:ejlwec:v:46:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10657-018-9582-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Ippoliti & Massimiliano Vatiero, 2014. "An analysis of how 2002 judicial reorganisation has impacted on the performance of the First Instance Courts (Preture) in Ticino," IdEP Economic Papers 1408, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:62:y:2018:i:c:p:31-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Ippoliti & Alessandro Melcarne & Giovanni Ramello, 2015.
"Judicial efficiency and entrepreneurs’ expectations on the reliability of European legal systems,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 75-94, August.
- Roberto Ippoliti & Alessandro Melcarne & Giovanni Battista Ramello, 2015. "Judicial Efficiency and Entrepreneurs’ Expectations on the Reliability of European Legal Systems," Post-Print hal-01386057, HAL.
- Roberto Ippoliti, 2015. "La riforma della geografia giudiziaria: efficienza tecnica e domanda di giustizia," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(2), pages 91-124.
- Thiago De Araújo Fauvrelle & Aléssio Tony Cavalcanti De Almeida, 2018. "Determinants Of Judicial Efficiency Change: Evidence From Brazil," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 79, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ippoliti, Roberto, 2013. "Efficienza Giudiziaria e Mercato Forense," POLIS Working Papers 175, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Santos, Sérgio P. & Amado, Carla A.F., 2014. "On the need for reform of the Portuguese judicial system – Does Data Envelopment Analysis assessment support it?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-16.
- Claudio Detotto & Bryan C. McCannon, 2017.
"Economic freedom and public, non-market institutions: evidence from criminal prosecution,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 107-128, May.
- Claudio Detotto & Bryan C. McCannon, 2015. "Economic Freedom and Public, Non-Market Institutions: Evidence from Criminal Prosecution," Working Papers 15-16, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Claudio Detotto & Bryan Mccannon, 2016. "« Economic freedom and public, non-market institutions: evidence from criminal prosecution »," Post-Print hal-01468069, HAL.
- Falavigna, Greta & Ippoliti, Roberto & Manello, Alessandro & Ramello, Giovanni B., 2015. "Judicial productivity, delay and efficiency: A Directional Distance Function (DDF) approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 592-601.
- Romain Espinosa & Claudine Desrieux & Hengrui Wan, 2017. "Fewer courts, less justice? Evidence from the 2008 French reform of labor courts," Post-Print halshs-01634211, HAL.
- Peyrache, Antonio & Zago, Angelo, 2016. "Large courts, small justice!," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 42-56.
- Ippoliti, Roberto, 2014. "Efficienza Tecnica e Geografia Giudiziaria," POLIS Working Papers 178, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
More about this item
KeywordsJustice service; Courts; Efficiency; Judge salaries; K40; H11;
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:34:y:2012:i:3:p:477-493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.