Grandparents and women's participation in the labor market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Kimmel & Lisa Powell, 2001. "Nonstandard Work and Child Care Choices of Married Mothers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 01-74, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Henriette Engelhardt & Alexia Prskawetz, 2002. "On the changing correlation between fertility and female employment over space and time," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2002-052, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Paula Albuquerque, 2008. "Grandparents in Multigenerational Households," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/46, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Daniela Del Boca, 2002.
"The effect of child care and part time opportunities on participation and fertility decisions in Italy,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(3), pages 549-573.
- Del Boca, Daniela, 2002. "The Effect of Child Care and Part Time Opportunities on Participation and Fertility Decisions in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 427, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Margaret Maurer-Fazio & Rachel Connelly & Lan Chen & Lixin Tang, 2011.
"Childcare, Eldercare, and Labor Force Participation of Married Women in Urban China, 1982–2000,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(2), pages 261-294.
- Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Connelly, Rachel & Lan, Chen & Tang, Lixin, 2009. "Childcare, Eldercare, and Labor Force Participation of Married Women in Urban China: 1982 - 2000," IZA Discussion Papers 4204, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Del Boca, Daniela & Pasqua, Silvia & Pronzato, Chiara, 2006.
"The impact of institutions on motherhood and work,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2006-55, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Daniela Del Boca & Silvia Pasqua & Chiara Pronzato, 2007. "The Impact Of Institutions On Motherhood And Work," CHILD Working Papers wp06_07, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Del Boca Daniela & Pasqua Silvia & Pronzato Chiara, 2006. "The Impact of Institutions on Motherhood and Work," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200608, University of Turin.
- Carrasco, Raquel, 2001.
"Binary Choice with Binary Endogenous Regressors in Panel Data: Estimating the Effect of Fertility on Female Labor Participation,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 385-394, October.
- Carrasco, R., 1998. "Binary Choice with Binary Endogenous Regressors in Panel Data: Estimating the Effect of Fertility on Female Labour Participation," Papers 9805, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Raquel Carrasco, 1999. "Binary Choice with Binary Endogenous Regressors in Panel Data: Estimating the Effect of Fertility on Female Labour Participation," Working Papers 1999.3, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Rachel Connelly & Jean Kimmel, 2003. "The Effect of Child Care Costs on the Employment and Welfare Recipiency of Single Mothers," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 498-519, January.
- Connelly, Rachel & DeGraff, Deborah S & Levison, Deborah, 1996. "Women's Employment and Child Care in Brazil," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(3), pages 619-656, April.
- Guyonne Kalb, 2009.
"Children, Labour Supply and Child Care: Challenges for Empirical Analysis,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(3), pages 276-299.
- Guyonne Kalb, 2007. "Children, Labour Supply and Childcare: Challenges for Empirical Analysis," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n15, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Connelly, Rachel, 1992. "The Effect of Child Care Costs on Married Women's Labor Force Participation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 83-90, February.
- Daniela Del Boca & Silvia Pasqua & Chiara Pronzato, 2005. "Fertility and Employment in Italy, France, and the UK," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 19(s1), pages 51-77, December.
- Damrongplasit, Kannika & Hsiao, Cheng & Zhao, Xueyan, 2010. "Decriminalization and Marijuana Smoking Prevalence: Evidence From Australia," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(3), pages 344-356.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Josefina Posadas, 2012. "Grandparents as Child Care Providers : Factors to Consider When Designing Child Care Policies," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17056, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordslabor market; women; childcare; grandparents; ageing.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-11-06 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2010-11-06 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2010-11-06 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp162010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .