Optimizing Road Capacity and Type
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kraus, Marvin, 1981. "Scale economies analysis for urban highway networks," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Li, Daifeng & Ding, Ying & Shuai, Xin & Bollen, Johan & Tang, Jie & Chen, Shanshan & Zhu, Jiayi & Rocha, Guilherme, 2012. "Adding community and dynamic to topic models," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 237-253.
- Vernon Henderson, J., 1992. "Peak shifting and cost-benefit miscalculations," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 103-121, March.
- Moshe Ben-Akiva & Moshe Hirsh & Joseph Prashker, 1985. "Probabilistic and Economic Factors in Highway Geometric Design," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 38-57, February.
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1990. "Economics of a bottleneck," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 111-130, January.
- Chen Ng & Kenneth Small, 2012.
"Tradeoffs among free-flow speed, capacity, cost, and environmental footprint in highway design,"
Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1259-1280, November.
- Chen Feng Ng & Kenneth Small, 2008. "Tradeoffs among Free-flow Speed, Capacity, Cost, and Environmental Footprint in Highway Design," Working Papers 080904, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Ng, Chen Feng & Small, Kenneth, 2011. "Tradeoffs among Free-flow Speed, Capacity, Cost, and Environmental Footprint in Highway Design," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1nz5904j, University of California Transportation Center.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-260, May.
- Daganzo, C. F. & Cassidy, M. J. & Bertini, R. L., 1999. "Possible explanations of phase transitions in highway traffic," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 365-379, June.
- Keeler, Theodore E & Small, Kenneth A, 1977. "Optimal Peak-Load Pricing, Investment, and Service Levels on Urban Expressways," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Wilson, John D., 1983. "Optimal road capacity in the presence of unpriced congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 337-357, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nguyen, Hien D. & McLachlan, Geoffrey J., 2016. "Linear mixed models with marginally symmetric nonparametric random effects," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 151-169.
- Nguyen, Hien D. & McLachlan, Geoffrey J. & Ullmann, Jeremy F.P. & Janke, Andrew L., 2016. "Laplace mixture autoregressive models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 18-24.
- Diana, Tony, 2015. "An evaluation of departure throughputs before and after the implementation of wake vortex recategorization at Atlanta Hartsfield/Jackson International Airport: A Markov regime-switching approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 216-224.
- Kohli, Priya & Garcia, Tanya P. & Pourahmadi, Mohsen, 2016. "Modeling the Cholesky factors of covariance matrices of multivariate longitudinal data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 87-100.
- Kwun Chuen Gary Chan, 2017. "Acceleration of Expectation-Maximization algorithm for length-biased right-censored data," Lifetime Data Analysis: An International Journal Devoted to Statistical Methods and Applications for Time-to-Event Data, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 102-112, January.
- Nguyen, Hien D. & McLachlan, Geoffrey J., 2016. "Laplace mixture of linear experts," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 177-191.
- Samsatli, Sheila & Samsatli, Nouri J. & Shah, Nilay, 2015. "BVCM: A comprehensive and flexible toolkit for whole system biomass value chain analysis and optimisation – Mathematical formulation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 131-160.
- Nguyen, Hien D. & McLachlan, Geoffrey J., 2016. "Maximum likelihood estimation of triangular and polygonal distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 23-36.
More about this item
KeywordsCapacity; Free-flow speed; Highway design; Optimal highway investment; Congestion;
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRE-2013-06-24 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-06-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irv:wpaper:121309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer dos Santos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deucius.html .