Consistent poverty dynamics in Spain
This paper aims to analyse the evolution of consistent poverty, defined as the combination of income and living conditions to identify deprived people. The conclusions of other papers that show a high amount of poverty exits depending on temporary shocks of income are tested. In this paper we find a high degree of immobility in the extreme situations since the improvement of living standards of deprived people is not expected and most changes are expected to be caused by temporary shocks of income. This study is based on the ECHP data for Spain (1994-2000)
|Date of creation:||May 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published as 'Identifying deprivation profiles in Spain: a new approach' in Applied Economics, 37(8), 2005, 943-955.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://iriss.ceps.lu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olga Cantó-Sánchez, .
"Income mobility in Spain: How much is there,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Simon Burgess & Carol Propper, 1998.
"An economic model of household income dynamics, with an application to poverty dynamics among American women,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6525, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Burgess, Simon & Propper, Carol, 1998. "An Economic Model of Household Income Dynamics, with an Application to Poverty Dynamics among American Women," CEPR Discussion Papers 1830, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon Burgess & Carol Propper, 1998. "An Economic Model of Household Income Dynamics, with an Application to Poverty Dynamics among American Women," CASE Papers case09, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Atkinson, Tony & Cantillon, Bea & Marlier, Eric & Nolan, Brian, 2002. "Social Indicators: The EU and Social Inclusion," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199253494, March.
- Nolan, Brian & Whelan, Christopher T., 1996. "Resources, Deprivation, and Poverty," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287858, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:iriswp:2004-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Philippe Van Kerm)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.