Does climate policy make the EU economy more resilient to oil price rises? A CGE analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maisonnave, Hélène & Pycroft, Jonathan & Saveyn, Bert & Ciscar, Juan-Carlos, 2012. "Does climate policy make the EU economy more resilient to oil price rises? A CGE analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 172-179.
References listed on IDEAS
- James D. Hamilton, 2009.
"Causes and Consequences of the Oil Shock of 2007-08,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 40(1 (Spring), pages 215-283.
- James D. Hamilton, 2009. "Causes and Consequences of the Oil Shock of 2007-08," NBER Working Papers 15002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James D. Hamilton, 2010. "Causes and consequences of the oil shock of 2007–08," FRB Atlanta CQER Working Paper 2009-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Alain Bernard & Marc Vielle, 2008. "GEMINI-E3, a general equilibrium model of international–national interactions between economy, energy and the environment," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 173-206, May.
- Vielle, Marc & Viguier, Laurent, 2007. "On the climate change effects of high oil prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 844-849, February.
- Julie Rozenberg & Stéphane Hallegatte & Adrien Vogt-Schilb & Olivier Sassi & Céline Guivarch & Henri Waisman & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2010.
"Climate policies as a hedge against the uncertainty on future oil supply,"
- Julie Rozenberg & Stéphane Hallegatte & Adrien Vogt-Schilb & Olivier Sassi & Céline Guivarch & Henri Waisman & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2010. "Climate policies as a hedge against the uncertainty on future oil supply," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866449, HAL.
- Lutz Kilian, 2008. "The Economic Effects of Energy Price Shocks," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 871-909, December.
- Saveyn, Bert & Van Regemorter, Denise & Ciscar, Juan Carlos, 2011.
"Economic analysis of the climate pledges of the Copenhagen Accord for the EU and other major countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(S1), pages 34-40.
- Bert Saveyn & Denise Van Regemorter & Juan-Carlos Ciscar, 2012. "Economic analysis of the climate pledges of the Copenhagen Accord for the EU and other major countries," EcoMod2012 4072, EcoMod.
- Aleklett, Kjell & Höök, Mikael & Jakobsson, Kristofer & Lardelli, Michael & Snowden, Simon & Söderbergh, Bengt, 2010. "The Peak of the Oil Age - Analyzing the world oil production Reference Scenario in World Energy Outlook 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1398-1414, March.
- Conrad, K & Schroder, M, 1991. "Demand for Durable and Nondurable Goods, Environmental Policy and Consumer Welfare," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 271-286, July-Sept.
- Kai Carstensen & Steffen Elstner & Georg Paula, 2011. "How Strongly Did the 2007/08 Oil Price Hike Contribute to the Subsequent Recession?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3357, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2001. "Rebating Environmental Policy Revenues: Output-Based Allocations and Tradable Performance Standards," Discussion Papers dp-01-22, Resources For the Future.
- Turton, Hal & Barreto, Leonardo, 2006. "Long-term security of energy supply and climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2232-2250, October.
- Julie Rozenberg & Stéphane Hallegatte & Adrien Vogt-Schilb & Olivier Sassi & Céline Guivarch & Henri Waisman & Jean Charles Hourcade, 2010. "Climate policies as a hedge against the uncertainty on future oil supply," Working Papers hal-00866449, HAL.
- Yazid Dissou, 2005. "Output-Based Emissions Allowances and the Equity-Efficiency Trade-off," Working Papers 0505E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:4:p:827-:d:139362 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:281-291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gracceva, Francesco & Zeniewski, Peter, 2014. "A systemic approach to assessing energy security in a low-carbon EU energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 335-348.
- Alban Kitous & Bert Saveyn & Steve Gervais & Tobias Wiesenthal & Antonio Soria, 2013. "Analysis of the Iran Oil Embargo," JRC Working Papers JRC77983, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:68:y:2017:i:c:p:192-198 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sakamoto, Tomoyuki & Managi, Shunsuke, 2015. "Energy pricing impact on domestic economy under recent climate action," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 150-162.
- Zoi Vrontisi & Alban Kitous & Bert Saveyn & Toon Vandyck, 2015. "Impact of low oil prices on the EU economy," JRC Working Papers JRC98188, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsOil price; general equilibrium; climate policy;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-04-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-04-20 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2013-04-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-04-20 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-04-20 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipt:iptwpa:jrc68858. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publication Officer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipjrces.html .