Microfinance efficiency in the West African economic and monetary union: have reforms promoted sustainability or outreach?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sandrine Kablan, 2017. "Microfinance efficiency in the West African Economic and Monetary Union: have reforms promoted sustainability or outreach?," Working Papers hal-01527693, HAL.
- KABLAN, Sandrine, 2012. "Microfinance efficiency in the West African Economic and Monetary Union: have reforms promoted sustainability or outreach?," MPRA Paper 39955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben Bassem, 2008. "Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in the Mediterranean: An Application of DEA," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 15(2), pages 343-354, September.
- Valentina Hartarska & Denis Nadolnyak, 2007. "Do regulated microfinance institutions achieve better sustainability and outreach? Cross-country evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1207-1222.
- Mersland, Roy & Strøm, R. Øystein, 2010. "Microfinance Mission Drift?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Andrew Worthington, 1998. "The determinants of non-bank financial institution efficiency: a stochastic cost frontier approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 279-287.
- Mamiza Haq & Michael Skully & Shams Pathan, 2010. "Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions: A Data Envelopment Analysis," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 17(1), pages 63-97, March.
- Cull, Robert & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2011.
"Does Regulatory Supervision Curtail Microfinance Profitability and Outreach?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 949-965, June.
- Cull , Robert & Demirguc-Kunt , Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2009. "Does regulatory supervision curtail microfinance profitability and outreach ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4948, The World Bank.
- Robert Cull & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Jonathan Morduch, 2009. "Microfinance Meets the Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 167-192, Winter.
- Sandrine Kablan, 2009. "African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU)," Research Papers RP_192, African Economic Research Consortium.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar, 2011.
"Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 938-948, June.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar, 2008. "Outreach and Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions," Research Report 08002, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Gutiérrez-Nieto, Begoña & Serrano-Cinca, Carlos & Mar Molinero, Cecilio, 2007. "Microfinance institutions and efficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 131-142, April.
- John Weiss & Heather Montgomery, 2005.
"Great Expectations: Microfinance and Poverty Reduction in Asia and Latin America,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3-4), pages 391-416.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather, 2004. "Great expectations: microfinance and poverty reduction in Asia and Latin America," MPRA Paper 33142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean Paul Azam & Bruno Biais & Magueye Dia, 2004.
"Privatisation versus Regulation in Developing Economies: The Case of West African Banks,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(3), pages 361-394, September.
- Jean Paul Azam & Bruno Biais & Magueye Dia, 2000. "Privatization versus regulation in developing economies: The case of West African banks," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 315, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Roberts, Peter W., 2013. "The Profit Orientation of Microfinance Institutions and Effective Interest Rates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 120-131.
- Berg, Sigbjorn Atle & Forsund, Finn R. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart & Suominen, Matti, 1993. "Banking efficiency in the Nordic countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 371-388, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maxime LEBOVICS & Niels HERMES & Marek HUDON, 2016.
"Are Financial And Social Efficiency Mutually Exclusive? A Case Study Of Vietnamese Microfinance Institutions,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(1), pages 55-77, December.
- Maxime Lebovics & Niels Hermes & Marek Hudon, 2014. "Are Financial and Social Efficiency Mutually Exclusive? A Case Study of Vietnamese Microfinance Institutions," Working Papers CEB 14-009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Maxime Lebovics & Niels Hermes & Marek Hudon, 2016. "Are Financial and Social Efficiency Mutually Exclusive? A Case Study of Vietnamese Microfinance Institutions," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/205975, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-459 is not listed on IDEAS
- B. Mak Arvin & Byron Lew (ed.), 2015. "Handbook on the Economics of Foreign Aid," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15762.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-555 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-463 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-475 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2013-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipagpfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.